Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i bought it back in march and it kept jamming. i had 1 8rd and 1 10rd mag.
the main problem seemed to be the bullets nosing down out of the mag into the feed ramp. i was kinda annoyed with it. so just recently i took a closer look and determined the feed lips on both the mags were to blame. i bent them outwards just a tad and the problem seems to be solved. the bullets come straight up and out of the mag instead of being diverted by the lips. goofy.
i'm sure if these mags had been in a HP 380, the position of the feed lips would have been fine. not sure why i didn't try it earlier.

G

·
i'm sure if these mags had been in a HP 380, the position of the feed lips would have been fine. not sure why i didn't try it earlier.
Nope if it does it in a 9 it will 99.9% of the time do it in a 380.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i know they're the same frame and mags, that's why i said it. the 380 has a smaller diameter than the 9mm. i read a while back someone had had some problems with their 380 feeding properly because the feed lips were out too far. well, my 9mm was not feeding properly because the feed lips were too far in.

G

·
Yes but the difference in a 380 and a 9mm is actually only 1mm. SO it would have been the same problem. It the lips are too far open for a 380 they will be too far open for a 9mm. Although thinking about it, there is the possibility it might not always be that way. After all it is built by man.

G

·
well, i bought it back in march and it kept jamming. i had 1 8rd and 1 10rd mag.
the main problem seemed to be the bullets nosing down out of the mag into the feed ramp. i was kinda annoyed with it. so just recently i took a closer look and determined the feed lips on both the mags were to blame. i bent them outwards just a tad and the problem seems to be solved. the bullets come straight up and out of the mag instead of being diverted by the lips. goofy.
Thanks for the tip - the 8 round mag that came with my C9 works perfectly, but the 10 round one I bought had that same problem - the bullets were nose-down. I've left the mag fully loaded and sitting for a couple of weeks, and that seems to have helped it a bit - the bullets now seem like they want to spring back up to the proper position if I push on them with my finger. I thought it was my technique loading the mag into the pistol - I found that if I press on the front of the mag as I slide it up into the pistol the bullets seemed to load properly, so I thought there might have been a little 'wiggle room' in there and the mag wasn't lining up true, or something.

How far did you actually have to move the feed lips out? What did you use to bend them with?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, just barely and with needlenose pliers.

yeah that 10rd mag... it's fine with 8 bullets in it, but putting in those last 2 seem to really freak it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.