Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been layed off since may and we ran through our savings, so i had to sell all my guns 15 including a hi point 45 and c-9 . but we kept one for home defence. that is my first hi point the 380 by our bed. no mater how bad things get we will always have our hi point. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had the same thing happen a year or so back. I sold guns that took a lifetime to collect including a couple that were custom made for me. It broke my heart to see them go. There is one good thing that comes out of it though. You get to start collecting all over again. Anyway, don't lose heart or sleep, I assure you things will get better.

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
The most important things in life are not things. You did right by selling your things to support your family. But a man has to know his limitations. I can retire but having a great job and not wanting to get into a sell to survive mode I keep working.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been there as well. When I got out of school years ago, I had a month where my wife and I had, literally, no income, so we sold the most liquid things we had, viz., our guns, incl. my Super Blackhawk and my Mossberg. I only kept my Ruger .22-250. That was seventeen years ago and I only this year started rebuilding my gun collection, starting with the Hi-Point, and now I have a Mossberg and an AK, and I'm working on getting a Ruger 10-22.

So, take heart, things will get better. On the bright side, Hi-Points (and some others) look like they're going back down to pre-Obama price levels.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you everyone, it is hard i have never been out of work this long im my life, i have never had to collect unemployment before , i hate it, i want to make a living. i have put in dozens of apps. and not one call from anyone. this is nuts.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
i ve been laid off since Oct. 30, and my plant is closing any day now. looks like I'll have to tap into 401k to get the heat on b4 cold weather.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm a cook and I got laid of in November. Luckily I got an old job back being a server. The bad part is though, I've been offered a few cook jobs but I'm making more as a server than I did as a cook. So now I'm in cooking limbo.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
thank you everyone, it is hard i have never been out of work this long im my life, i have never had to collect unemployment before , i hate it, i want to make a living. i have put in dozens of apps. and not one call from anyone. this is nuts.
I hear ya man since Feb for me I thought I had one job a couple mos ago but it fell through. Dozens of apps here too, not a nibble...I don't have many guns as i just started but I'll sell em if it comes to it. I just want to work too. Totally sucks...hang in man.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bro, I've been there myself. You do whatcha gotta do, and continue to march. I just started my collection back up a year ago. It will all come back around.

Good Luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
Been there done that when kids were little. I know it sucks. Went from 12 guns to 3 and only reason had those was all had left from my dad who passed in '02. It does get better. Im back to 5 guns.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts