Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the loacal price chopper yesterday to pick up a few items for a special dinner, and was greated by the dreaded no gun sign. great, now i have to go back to the truck and stow it. This si a fairley new sign. If I had known it was there, I would have gone else where. So i wrote teh manager a little letter today. Lets let these buissnes owners know how we feel about CCw, with our wallets.

Dear Sir:

i recently went to your store to pick up a few items for dinner, when i was greeted by a sticker in your window saying no weapons allowed. I am a Concealed Carry permit holder in the state of missouri, and I carry most everywhere i go. Now because of your sign I have to return to my vehicle, and stow my weapon before I can enter your store. This is your right as a business to disallow weapons on your property, but this sign only prevents the lawful conceal carry users from carrying in your store.

As part of me earning my Conceal and Carry permit I have met the following requirements:

I am over the age of 23
I am a law abiding citizen- verified by law enforcement
I have submitted fingerprints and have undergone backround checks
I have passed firearms training& know and practice proper weapons handling
i know Missouri law on Concealed Carry & justifiable use of force
I have paid up to 200 dollars for state mandated training, and a 100 dollar permit fee, to comply with the law and obtain a permit.

Your stores no gun sign turns away law abiding citizens, and advertises a safe working environment for criminals. I will respect your rights to not allow concealed weapons on your property, by exercising my rights to not shop at your store.

thank you for you time

Christopher Williams

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
very well said my friend. stop back in a week and see if it made a difference :D.

if it does, are you going to continue to shop there?

are you going to write a second letter of approval???

i would to show your gratitude, if they remove it :D.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very well said my friend. stop back in a week and see if it made a difference :D.

if it does, are you going to continue to shop there?

are you going to write a second letter of approval???

i would to show your gratitude, if they remove it :D.
If they change their policy, i will shop there again, and i will wrtie a letter of gratitude.

·
Registered
238 Posts
great job man way to voice your thoughts and to the right people. and stick to your guns(no pun intended) and don't patronize them unless they change their policy's for law abiding citizens.good job.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Right on superv, it's time that everyone realizes that we are not criminals because we have guns. We are simply exercise our rights and liberties.
GREAT work brother.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here in Ohio, I just ignore the sign. If you are caught, they can ask you to leave. If you don't comply, they can call the LEO's and you can be charged with criminal trespassing, a misdamenor. I would leave if caught and make sure they know I would never come back. Good luck with your letter.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Here in Ohio, I just ignore the sign. If you are caught, they can ask you to leave. If you don't comply, they can call the LEO's and you can be charged with criminal trespassing, a misdamenor. I would leave if caught and make sure they know I would never come back. Good luck with your letter.
That is what I do as well.Its not against the law to ignore their sign, it just violates their company policy.I do live in the same town and have elected never to shop at Price chopper for other reasons.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went to the loacal price chopper yesterday to pick up a few items for a special dinner, and was greated by the dreaded no gun sign. great, now i have to go back to the truck and stow it. This si a fairley new sign. If I had known it was there, I would have gone else where. So i wrote teh manager a little letter today. Lets let these buissnes owners know how we feel about CCw, with our wallets.

Dear Sir:

i recently went to your store to pick up a few items for dinner, when i was greeted by a sticker in your window saying no weapons allowed. I am a Concealed Carry permit holder in the state of missouri, and I carry most everywhere i go. Now because of your sign I have to return to my vehicle, and stow my weapon before I can enter your store. This is your right as a business to disallow weapons on your property, but this sign only prevents the lawful conceal carry users from carrying in your store.

As part of me earning my Conceal and Carry permit I have met the following requirements:

I am over the age of 23
I am a law abiding citizen- verified by law enforcement
I have submitted fingerprints and have undergone backround checks
I have passed firearms training& know and practice proper weapons handling
i know Missouri law on Concealed Carry & justifiable use of force
I have paid up to 200 dollars for state mandated training, and a 100 dollar permit fee, to comply with the law and obtain a permit.

Your stores no gun sign turns away law abiding citizens, and advertises a safe working environment for criminals. I will respect your rights to not allow concealed weapons on your property, by exercising my rights to not shop at your store.

thank you for you time

Christopher Williams
Nicely written, but why did you sign my name? :D

I concur with others, in the state of Colorado, a no weapons sign is unlawful and they have to ask you to leave before you break a law. That is unless it ia a gov't building.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same in Utah the sign has no holding, but if you chose to go in anyway they can ask you to leave with the same amount of weight as if they just did not like your beard. The one thing to remember is that if the place is open to the public then a trespass charge will most likely be dropped in court. They can not stop you from your rights in a publicly open place.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Well written letter but I doubt it will have any effect. I can see the manager reading your letter and brushing you off as some gun toting wacko... Unfortunately, it would take a lot more letters to make a difference. I am with the others who say carry it anyway and if they spot it and ask you to leave comply.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I Oc in Georgia sometimes.. Haven't been stopped yet, though I did have a store clerk joke with me if i was gonna rob him.. lol

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is what I do as well.Its not against the law to ignore their sign, it just violates their company policy.I do live in the same town and have elected never to shop at Price chopper for other reasons.
What about RSMo 571.107 section 15??? i am not a lawyer, but if you are caught in there you are breaking the law. If they dont want weapons in there, i will respect the law and their policy, by going elsewhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.