Handgun wanted. . .

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by lwelch39, May 3, 2015.

1. lwelch39

lwelch39 Member

I want a gun for protection, home and auto. I have to go check out a -usually false- alarm in the middle of the night occasionally, and feel kinda naked doing so. Not particular, but at least a .38, I want it to do it's job in case it's needed.

I live in McDonough, have bus shop in Stockbridge. Not a gun fancier, have an old bolt-action shotgun, a Taurus .357 revolver in my desk, want a gun as I stated above...

Last edited: May 3, 2015

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

Guess you'll have to buy one.

3. lwelch39

lwelch39 Member

Hey, I am offering to buy one - have cash? Is that strange??

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

No, it's not strange. Have you checked Armslist?

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Depends on what state you claim to be from Officer.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

A little..... Most people's first posts on a brand specific forum usually at least include an introduction, or a question about that particular brands products.... So forgive us if we sound a little hesitant...

7. Bull

What the heck is your deal bub?

8. lwelch39

lwelch39 Member

I wondered the same thing, Bull...

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why not use the Taurus?

Are you looking for info, or looking for someone to sell you a gun?

Is there no store near you?

10. lwelch39

lwelch39 Member

Don't want to forget to put the Taurus back... it needs to stay there, and I want a gun at home as i stated, mainly to go check out false alarms. Yes, there are stores, I'm a bargain hunter, thought someone might have one want to sell little under a new one. Got a friend with a Glock for $500. just didn't want to spend that much money... is it this difficult?

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

To walk in to a local gun store, find/make a deal, and bring home a new firearm? No.

To come on to a gun forum full of people you don't know, and most importantly, who don't know you; to try and purchase a firearm without so much as a 'how do you do'? Yes, extremely so.

12. Bull

Well you could buy 3 HiPoint pistols for what that Glock would cost you.... The .45 seems to be the most reliable right out of the box.... I had a .40, and it was uber reliable..... But you might figure, lot of people are hesitant to sell a gun to a guy who's first post is, I'm looking for a gun!.... Just saying...

13. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I'll sell ya one for $499(you said you didn't want to spend $500, so $499 is cheaper. :D

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If you are afraid you'd forget to "put the gun back"...are you sure you are able to handle a gun in SD?:confused:

Do you understand the legalities of selling guns via the Internet, possibly across state line?

Where are you? Where do you think we are?

Don't your gun stores sell used guns?

Yeah...it really is this difficult.

15. Django

Django Member

Too many variables.

Pass.

:foilhat:

16. bluharley

bluharley Member

Maybe swing by the local hood, and "buy a gun", no questions asked.

17. talon

talon the banned wagon

Im sorry, but, if your "afraid you'll forget to put the Taurus back" you probably shouldn't be trusted with a firearm in the first place. The same people who "forget" guns are the same who "forget" thier babies in the car when they go to the mall.
    If you can't remember something that important, you've got no business having a gun in your possession.

18. lwelch39

lwelch39 Member

Hey, I'm sorry to have ruffled your folks' feathers... I'm just simply stating my desire to own another pistol. I don't want to tote one, don't have a permit, but might get one, I want one in my desk at work, and I want one at home in case I need one. And the other night when I had to leave just after midnite to check out an alarm sure made me want one to take with me. What am I supposed to do, go open my office, get my gun, then go check the rest of the building for bad guys?? As far as not introducing myself, I'm sorry, didn't think of it first, wouldn't take a P I to find who I am with what I have told tho.

19. case

case Member

You cld pick up a hipoint for under $200 from any gun shop in no time at all