Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was talking abut the Handi Rifles on another forum. A member there thinks they might be coming back after the buy out. I sure hope so, but I highly doubt it.

But if they do, I hope they start out with the Classic line. And with some new models. They had the Buffalo Classic chambered in 45-70 with a 32" barrel. The Target Classic in 38-55 with a 20" barrel. And the Carbine Classic with a 20" barrel in 45 Colt.

I have the Buffalo Classic and the Carbine Classic. I need a Whitetail Classic with a 26" barrel chambered in 30-30 and a Groundhog Classic in 22 Hornet with a 24" barrel. Hey...a feller can dream can’t he?

·
Premium Member
4,679 Posts
I think I'd like a 30-30 and a 22 Hornet also. That is a dream, but, yeah. Guess I could go for a TC Contender or Encore, but I like the H&R style better

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
@greg_r like you, I highly doubt it. I'd be all in for a 30-30.

But I'd love to see it happen.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Was talking abut the Handi Rifles on another forum. A member there thinks they might be coming back after the buy out. I sure hope so, but I highly doubt it.

But if they do, I hope they start out with the Classic line. And with some new models. They had the Buffalo Classic chambered in 45-70 with a 32" barrel. The Target Classic in 38-55 with a 20" barrel. And the Carbine Classic with a 20" barrel in 45 Colt.

I have the Buffalo Classic and the Carbine Classic. I need a Whitetail Classic with a 26" barrel chambered in 30-30 and a Groundhog Classic in 22 Hornet with a 24" barrel. Hey...a feller can dream can’t he?

I like them because there a "minimalist" type of rifle. Less moving parts to break and when the action locks up, nothing moves...besides the hammer.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Henry has a line of single shots, but if the old Handi rifles came back I’d be in. A well made no frills rifle and IMHO the ultimate ‘survival’ rifle.
Had one in 22-250 I picked up cheap at a yard sale a long time ago, excellent rifle but just wasn’t into the caliber. Would love to have one in .44mag or .45 Colt long.

·
What the Hell was that?
683 Posts
@greg_r like you, I highly doubt it. I'd be all in for a 30-30.

But I'd love to see it happen.
Had a chance a few years back to get a Contender pistol in .30-30 for $200. Almost got it, until i found out about the “auto eject” feature it had. Every time i shot it, it popped open and spit out the empty...right into my face.

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a chance a few years back to get a Contender pistol in .30-30 for $200. Almost got it, until i found out about the “auto eject” feature it had. Every time i shot it, it popped open and spit out the empty...right into my face.
Sounds like some well meaning soul oiled the shelf. They must remain dry or they wI’ll pop open.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Good Lord I hope they come back out! I want one in .30-30 Winchester, and one in .223 Remington again. I had one in .223 about ten years ago, and very stupidly, let one of my nephews talk me out of it. Fool.

I have a nice Savage in .223 Remington, but would really like to have that single shot again. I love the little .223 cartridge, and the H&R I let go to my nephew, was one of the most accurate rifles I ever had.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll be surprised if they do come back but, would be nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts