Hands on review of new redball 20 round mag

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by gunlover, Jan 21, 2016.

1. gunlover

gunlover Member

Got the redball mag today in the mail. Immediately took it to the range and put some rounds through it. Now I only had time to put 20 rounds each of federal aluminum, perfecta brass, and Winchester steel. So 60 rounds total. That's all I had time for, I do work for a living and the range closes at 5:30. Gonna start with the unpack to the range visit.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453418380.242101.jpg
    It came in an envelope. These mags are $24.95 plus $6.95 shipping. Each. I specifically asked if they would ship two for $6.95 and they said no. Not sure why because 2 would easily fit in one envelope. So far, only one strike against them.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453418765.364337.jpg
    Yep, sure is ugly.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453418826.528362.jpg

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453418843.436765.jpg
    Front of the hi point and redball

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453418888.308942.jpg
    Side view of the two

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453418957.796715.jpg
    Rear of the two

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453418979.055186.jpg
    Groupings with each of the 3 different kinds of ammo. Like I said, indoor range so max distance was 25 yards. Those stickers are 3" for size comparison.

Overall, it performed flawlessly. No problems at all with any of the ammo. If I had to rate this mag, I'd say 4/5 only taking a star because they charge $6.95 for shipping per mag up to 4 mags, then they ship all 4 for $6.95. If they would ship 2 together (there is plenty of room for another one in the envelope) I would say 5 stars. Of course I don't know about durability but will update this if any issues arise.

2. gunlover

gunlover Member

Side note.... This mag fed and felt stronger than the original hi point mags. I know, that's not saying much but it just felt better. Loading was a breeze. Spring felt strong.

3. Thanks for testing this mag and posting the results so quickly!!!!

I see no reason not to get one for myself.

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Glad you liked it. Now about those man hands you keep posting. :D

5. gunlover

gunlover Member

I'm gonna end up getting a few more. It almost felt like I was only shooting 10 still at the range, that 20 went by fast!!! Have a feeling I'm gonna burn through a lot more ammo on trips to the range!

6. gunlover

gunlover Member

I'm a PE teacher, don't have time for girly hands. Never had anyone complain about my hands before!

7. moona11

8. Thanks for the review. Honestly i feel that $7 for shipping EACH is crazy. I said i would buy one or two at $24 a piece, not $31. No way my wifey is gonna let me spend $62 on magazines when money is tight. Ill be waiting at least a year before i buy any.

unless..... fathers day has anything to say about that. But thats a while out too.

Glad to hear it works, and I'll be praying they drop the price some. (wont hold my breath)

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Dayum, m00nzie!!! :rofl:
    I bet she could womp your a$$, but then again,
    you are used to strong women ;)

Great Review, GunLover! I think I will get me some! :D

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You have nice and small hands! I can tell by this pic:

[​IMG]

I can easily get around that grip and touch thumb and fingers...
    GL has small hands!

11. gunlover

gunlover Member

Yeah, I was blown away when I couldn't get two for the $6.95 shipping. It would make sense if they couldn't get two in the envelope but in all reality instead of selling the mags for $24.95 they're actually more like $28 each. If you could get a few people together and order 4 the shipping would be a lot cheaper so that's an option. If you trust someone on here go in with them or if you know anyone else that has this gun that would want them. Just options.

12. gunlover

gunlover Member

I don't have big hands at all. Wish I had bigger hands when I was in college playing basketball actually!

13. Do you use a mag loader?

Also although I posted I was getting 1, I'm going to order 4 of them. I have a couple of 995s and should have at least 2 per.

14. gunlover

gunlover Member

No, I don't have a mag loader, wish I did!

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the review.....I've christened it the HD mag.

16. You shoulda christened it the DD mag.

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

HD doesn't stand for Home Defense....rather Horse D.....
    But I can see where DD comes from.
    We'll see which name 'sticks' lol

18. There was a review on here about a mag loader a few years ago. I never did get around to getting one. At the range I usually just load 5 up at a time and shoot. I only load up 10 when I use a 995 for things other than practice.

But with these Redball mags, I think I should get a mag loader. I will be doing a little practice shooting with fully loaded mags.

19. moona11

HD is a bet name. Mole textured and said he wants one in his hands. He promised a full review of it plus pic. Which no one ever needs to see.

20. Likely the most important thing this forum could do in 2016 is figure out what a 1/2 witted 13 year old boy thinks this mag looks like.