Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Ham, baked potatoes, and green bean casserole with lemon meringue and chocolate satin pie.

• Love
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
9,827 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
We're eating at the neighbors place. It means no leftovers, but since I hate turkey, I can be thankful for that!

• Haha

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! May all your belts be loosened for the day (and for a lot of us a few weeks after)!!!

• Love

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
HappyThanksgiving all!!
We are smoking a 20# turkey that I brined. My preferred method would be fried, but the older I get the less I want to deal with the cleanup. My wife made sausage stuffing and the Kids are bringing smoked ham. And we’ll have mashed potatoes and red chili. In our family red chili is our gravy.
and then my wife has made way too many deserts. Cakes and pies etc…
we’ll have way too much food, send everyone home with leftovers and a good time will be had by all.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
We are doing the traditional meal. We were supposed to go have family dinner aat my moms. But her and my sisters family got the covid. So we ended up cooking the meal. Well we were supposed to cook it. E got up this morning and started cooking. She just woke me up. It will be ready soon. Then I'll go drop meals off for the family.

Happy Thanksgiving shitheads

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
Traditional meal here too. I got up at 4am and started cooking. Low and slow. Turkey, green bean casserole, corn, yeast bread, baked Mac n cheese, pappy’s mashed taters, gravy, pumpkin pies and tea. The girls forgot the cranberries. How do you forget the cranberries? Anyway, it was a very good meal. Now I am going to sleep while the girls clean up.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

·
Resident PITA
16,404 Posts
Wife picked up a frozen 21lb bird last night for less than $8. Should be thawed by Saturday. Grandson's spending the night so we're dining on chicken nuggets and fries this holiday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wife picked up a frozen 21lb bird last night for less than $8. Should be thawed by Saturday. Grandson's spending the night so we're dining on chicken nuggets and fries this holiday.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my new friends here. Wifey and I have no kids, kind of retired (me), and have friends in a similar situation. We got together and had a wonderful meal. The standard dinner minus the turkey. We had baked chicken. A friend gave me one of his that he butchered. That thing weighed 9 1/2 pounds. I've never cooked a damn chicken that big. Everybody is coming back tomorrow for leftovers.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds very yuMMMy @MaryB
My mum used to make lasagna similar to that, then she'd make like 2 or 3 at a time, freeze the others.

I like seeing everyone's suggestions and alternatives for turkey!
Sonny-Boi's smoked turkey was actually the BEST EVER, the breast was juicy and a great flavor 😋

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my new friends here. Wifey and I have no kids, kind of retired (me), and have friends in a similar situation. We got together and had a wonderful meal. The standard dinner minus the turkey. We had baked chicken. A friend gave me one of his that he butchered. That thing weighed 9 1/2 pounds. I've never cooked a damn chicken that big. Everybody is coming back tomorrow for leftovers.
We had the traditional Turkey. But for me, I prefer the Roaster chicken. I can not get the rest of the family to fall in line though. It’s Turkey for Thanksgiving and Duck for Christmas. FWIW, I am not a big fan of ham, I like my pigs bar-b-que!

Roaster chicken has a very good, if somewhat different taste. 9 1/2 pounds is a big one! I usually find them between 7 and 8 pounds!

·
Registered
27 Posts
We had the traditional Turkey. But for me, I prefer the Roaster chicken. I can not get the rest of the family to fall in line though. It’s Turkey for Thanksgiving and Duck for Christmas. FWIW, I am not a big fan of ham, I like my pigs bar-b-que!

Roaster chicken has a very good, if somewhat different taste. 9 1/2 pounds is a big one! I usually find them between 7 and 8 pounds!
Yup...it is a different taste. Kind of.. fuller?...I don't know. This thing could have been mistaken for a turkey. I've actually cooked turkeys that were smaller. There's enough leftovers for chicken corn chowder and a pot pie.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts

I prefer chicken also over turkey. I do love a baked ham in apricot juice. Well basically any pork will do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts