Hard Chromed Rock Island 1911...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Taurus357, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Are being sold at classicarms.us for only 399.99, pretty damn good deal for this sharp looking pistol.

[​IMG]

2. sweeet I will have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up

3. They have been hard chroming them for about a year now. I have always been tempted to get one of those just because they look so nice.

I might just see about getting my slide of my Norinco 45 hard chromed at my shop instead though.

Those Classic arms guns are tempting though!

4. Damn, we don't have a drooling smilie...

5. Yea i've seen them on and off in the past, but never really looked at the price before, and for 400 for that sharp looking pistol, crap I'll take 5 please.

6. Interesting. My Armscor (same pistol as RIA, different name) has a hard-chromed frame and blued slide. Sorry for the blurry picture, settings on my camera got changed (I'm clumsy-what can I say). I bought the pistol used-cheap- with no documentation. I think they called it a 'Practical' but I'm not sure. Everyone who has shot it loved it. It works great with any ammo I've tried. RIA-Armscor are another lower-priced brand that people like to bad mouth. But, everyone I know that has one likes it. So, I suspect you will really enjoy yours too.

http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/74/97/1130

http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/74/97/1131

I used to hate 2-tone pistols, but in the past 2 years or so I've acquired 3 of them. My attitude seems to have changed as 2 of them are great shooters, and I've not had a chance to shoot the 3rd yet.

7. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Two tones look cool. They really break up the whole outline/config of conventional colored pistols.
    Nice pics.

8. freedom

freedom Member

You have any links or pictures of that that are wallpaper quality?
    I would like to add it to my Pistol wallpaper collection but I need a much larger image.

9. No i don't but I'm sure you could find something better via google. I'm going to keep that somewhere in the middle of "wanna get" list.

10. ahemmmm....... excuse me??????

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol:

11. I honestly used to think they looked odd. But, now that I've had a couple which both shoot very well, I agree with you. In fact, I went looking for one in the 2-tone finish on purpose for the first time recently. I should pick it up on the 21st. My Kimber is stainless slide on blue frame and my Armscor is hard-chrome frame with blued slide. I've got to say I think they both look good.

The pistol at the top of this thread looks cool, and I'm sure it will shoot well. :wink:

12. Excuse me guys, I have to go clean the drool out of my key board..........................

13. Deadeye008

Deadeye008 Member

Here's mine that I bought about 9 months ago from them. I got mine for $359!!!I added a commander style hammer and a beavertail grip safety to mine. I love this gun!
    [​IMG]
    Here it is in action.
    [​IMG]
    And here with his range companion.
    [​IMG]