has any one ever tried to modify the mag well of hi point?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by napalm113, Jan 7, 2008.

1. napalm113

napalm113 Guest

has any one ever tried to modify the mag well of hi point?

This Is my idea, take a hi point carbine receiver out of the stock, attempt to make a new stock out of an m/11 sten mag well weld pack and modify it to use sten mags, the maybe add a folding stock or something.

I think if you had a new receiver with a sheet metal stock with a heat shield and an m11 grip on it, it would be pretty bad ass. Of course you would need to create some sort of folding stock for it...

I cant afford a hi point just yet so If some one could post a high resolution picture of a stripped barreled receiver that would help me work out logistical problems.

2. I had a pretty good explanation why it maybe very difficult to do just that, but I think it went away with the old forum.

Here are the pics. This first one shows the mag well. As you can see it is very thin and has trigger mechanism components on one side.

[​IMG]

Here is a top view of a double stack mag, and a single stack 995 mag next to the well.

[​IMG]

And lastly, single fits.

[​IMG]

Double, no fit.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

3. I adressed my capacity issues by ordering four more 10rn mags from Hi-Point today. This way I can have a box of 50 rounds loaded and ready to go.

4. Ridge

Ridge Member

I remember that thread...basically the metal of the magwell was too thin to be able to whittle out enough room to fit a double stack mag...

5. napalm113

napalm113 Guest

even to some one with a mig welder, a metal bender, and to much free time?

6. Pot metal does not bend well, and I am not sure what kind of weld or braze you would have to use to rejoin it Solder maybe?

But I was thinking the same thing, cut it, make an angle for the double stack to fit and join it back together with a wider magwell

7. griff30

griff30 Member

I thought about this so I could use taurus mags but Id rather just buy the Berreta CX4 storm than cut that much away.