Has anyone shot CCI BLAZER .380 95GR ALUMINUM CASE ammo?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by mkuhn20, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mkuhn20

mkuhn20 Guest

I was wondering if anyone has used this ammo (CCI BLAZER .380 95GR ALUMINUM CASE) in their HP, main concern is the aluminum cases I have the .380, and wanted to make sure how it feeds before investing in it. So far I have used only Winchester brass with no problems but it gets a little expensive. Thanks

2. My dad shoots the Winchester 95 grain in .380, and just told me he liked the CCI stuff cuz the aluminum cased stuff is cheaper than brass. One thing he also said is it's really hard to find hollow point ammo here in MS for it.

3. I have not shot that specific load, but I have shot 9mm and .45acp CCI aluminum case ammo with no problems.

4. urotu

urotu Member

My first 200rds were Blazer CCI aluminum case, the 95gr ones, as well as a few boxes of 50 after that. Probably not half of what I've shot, but close, around 400-500 rds probably. No issues here.

I have around 1000-1200rds through my .380, with a few boxes WWB, (around 300-400rds), probably a hundred or so Independence, and the Blazer CCI. I think I still have a few of the Blazer left, they shot fine, but this little .380 has eaten everything I ever fed to it.

5. mkuhn20

mkuhn20 Guest

Thanks for the input, the aluminum is nearly half what I have been paying but its only a bargain if the HP will handle it. Well I will be ordering it now, thanks again.

6. By the way, Welcome to the forum. :D

7. urotu

urotu Member

Duurrrrrr.............

I just noticed that myself, only two posts.

Yes, welcome mkuhn20, hopefully you have as much luck as I did with mine. I love my .380, it is my gun, my gun is my family....

8. mkuhn20

mkuhn20 Guest

Thanks everyone, This is my first Hi-Point and so far I love it. I got the .380 to for my wife to shoot. And I was really impressed, so now I am looking to get the .40 S&W for sure and maybe the 9.

Really when you look at the price you could nearly purchase one of each of the handguns and still be in the price range of one "Big Name" manufacturers guns.

9. urotu

urotu Member

I got the .45 as a birthday present a couple years ago, then bought the .380 because I liked the .45 so much.

My father has the 995 carbine and all have been great guns so far.

We've had great luck with the HP's from day one, but I do hear a few issues here and there. Read aqround here though and you should be able to remedy about anything that happens.