Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to sell my oldest Mosin, an 1894 Finn capture Chatellerault arsenal M91. After shooting it yesterday I realized that shooting it makes me nervous as I love the thing and respect it's history too much to take any further chances of destroying it by shooting it. I made a promise to myself a long time ago when I first started collecting that I would not have any safe queens that I was afraid to shoot for any reason. So as much as I don't want to, I will sell or trade this wonderful gun to someone that will probably do what I never would do, stash it away in a safe and let it rest. If anybody's interested, here's the link-
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,21092.0.html

·
Registered
325 Posts
That would look sweet in a new Tapco stock with 6 inches hacked off the barrel....

...NOT!!!

Beautiful firearm. Wish I had an extra 400 and change laying around. Hope it goes to a good home.

Is the upper barrel guard nailed in place? Looks kinda like it from the pictures.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, you scared me for a minute. lol

no, those are rivets holding the mounting tabs onto the bottom of the handguard, the tangs slide underneath small indentions in the barrel bands

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Your selling M91 Finn's, and I just picked up another.

What are you up to? Something tells me you have a surprise up your sleeve.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well. kinda sad today, the payment for the M91 arrived and I am looking long and hard at it, wondering is this the right move to make. But, the buyer held to his word so I guess it's off to California tomorrow for my beloved M91.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts