Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems w\ a loaded magazine feeding into the gun. When it is empty it feeds w\ ease. But when loaded, it catches itself....kinda has to be force fed. Anything I need to do make it feed easier?

Also what is the perfect ammo for it? I have 9mm fmj and 9mm luger hollow points 115 grain on both.

Last question, is I cant get the bolt to stay open. also bolt wont open when the safety is on. Am I doing some thing wrong. If you could help me w\ these questions it will be greatful.. Also you can email me your answers @ [email protected].

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Bolt will noit open with Safety on.
Adjust the lips on the mag out a bit. Not much just a little.
They will eat any ammo you put through in it..

May also want to polish the feed ramp..

Happy shooting and Welcome to the Forum.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Also the bolt doesnt stay open unless when you pull back the bolt handle you push the sliding part on the handle in when its pulled all the way back..

Maybe some one could explain that better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Since mine is a paper puncher, FMJ is my ammo of choice.I have fired one magazine each of several brands of jhp,no problem, but I polished the feed ramp the 1st week I had it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I cant remeber how many differnt types of bullets my 995 has been shot thru it. But I'm starting to like LSWC's and LTC's better than Vannila rn ammo. And the price is half since its reloaded ammo.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
SteveD. Whats the intials stand for about the ammo yo mentioned. I am dumb here.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Lead Semi Wadcutters,

and Lead Truncated Cone (Though this pic is Full Metal Jacket Truncated Cone),
http://www.diamondbackcbf.com/images/orderexample1.jpg

They are popular with reloaders and are similar in shape in 9mm.
Wadcutters being of a cylinder shape, with the Truncated Cone looking like a "Ball ammo" but with a flat spot on top of the bullet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are talking about inserting the mag and having it catch on some mysterious part in the mag well I have also noticed this and have not figured out what the cause is but have sub conciously worked around it.

You will have to find the angle of the mag when it catches and try not to insert it at that angle.

For the ammo I use Hornady TAP FPD 147 grain HP's

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Mine catches on the mag release button pin thingy. So when I push the mag in it stops at the release button and I just push the release button in and it goes on in easily. I don't smack my mags in as some are plastic in my hand guns and I don't want to prematurely wear them out. rj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine catches on the mag release too. I do like rj does and just push the button in until it clears it .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.