Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving in the next few months and unfortunately the county does not permit semi-auto rifles. Unless someone tells me that the 995TS isn't a semi-auto rifle I have to sell it :(

I have only shot it once -- put 50-60 rounds through it at the range. That's it.

What is the best way to sell it or trade it for a firearm that is legal in my county (handgun, shotgun, or single shot rifle)?

I added the following accessories:
- 20 rd Redball mag
- extra 10 rd factory mag
- factory mag holder
- magpul angled foregrip
- flashlight with pressure switch
- Tacticon Predator V2 red-dot
- KAK flash can

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
I will be moving in the next few months and unfortunately the county does not permit semi-auto rifles. Unless someone tells me that the 995TS isn't a semi-auto rifle I have to sell it :(

I have only shot it once -- put 50-60 rounds through it at the range. That's it.

What is the best way to sell it or trade it for a firearm that is legal in my county (handgun, shotgun, or single shot rifle)?

- 20 rd Redball mag
- factory mag holder
- magpul angled foregrip
- KAK flash can
Did you ever get that RTB issue corrected? And where are you moving to where that's the case? You can list it FS/FT here in the marketplace to see if anyone is interested.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
For sale/trade on Armslist maybe ?

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Got a friend you trust who will hold it in their safe for SHTF?

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts

- 20 rd Redball mag
- factory mag holder
- magpul angled foregrip
- KAK flash can
ONE-FIDDY
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you ever get that RTB issue corrected? And where are you moving to where that's the case? You can list it FS/FT here in the marketplace to see if anyone is interested.
What is a RTB issue? Moving to Cook County, Illinois.

Yes I will probably list it.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Moving to Cook County, Illinois.
When did that become part of Canada? No that's not right. Even Canada allows semi-auto rifles. I'm sure you'll be OK. No doubt all the criminals are only using Rossi Matched Pairs and break action shotguns.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When did that become part of Canada? No that's not right. Even Canada allows semi-auto rifles. I'm sure you'll be OK. No doubt all the criminals are only using Rossi Matched Pairs and break action shotguns.
Cook County explicitly bans semi-auto rifles...

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Cook County explicitly bans semi-auto rifles...
And you're moving there because you're following the trail blazed by the Blues Brothers?

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
And you're moving there because you're following the trail blazed by the Blues Brothers?
Carrie Fisher had a full auto when she was there

Then upgraded.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Close, but you got it backwards. The Blues Brothers came out in June 1980, one month after Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back came out.

Which means Carrie Fisher went from being armed with a Blaster to a mere M16.
Kinda what the OP is doing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you're moving to a "home rule" suburb (village or municipality) then their ordinances supersede cook county's so your 995 may not be prohibited. what 'burb are you going to?
I just sent you a PM about this. Thanks for the idea.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Armslist will likely provide the quickest sell; however, be aware of the weirdos and the "do you ship" replies. Good luck on your move!
I've never sold a gun off Armslist. Bought a few. Not sure what way is legal up there in Chitcagoland. I'd be really leery of selling, and buying up there. When I buy I sometimes tell a lie. I will tell them what color car I have, and show up in a different color just so I can scope out the landscape before identifying myself.

Reactions: James St. Patrick

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
How about a trade at a Gunshop?

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
What is a RTB issue? Moving to Cook County, Illinois.

Yes I will probably list it.
RTB = Return To Battery.

It's also radio shorthand for Return To Base.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts