Have to sell my like new 995TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Nutrend, Sep 27, 2020.

1. I have, and it was ok. Yeah, I had a few flaky replies, but in the end it was no problemo.

I did have a guy show up with his teenage son, told him he had to wait outside. And I was carrying (I'm sure he was too) and I had a couple of handguns in ready-to-access spots.

2. Nutrend

Nutrend Member

I was told that for buying at a shop I could only get 1/2 of what I paid...I imagine trade credit might be about the same.

3. Yeah, go to a gun shop and you'll get screwed for sure. Go with Armslist, Gunbroker, or one of the other gun auction sites.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Well let’s say you paid $300.
    Private sale you could get $250 for the gun.
    At a gun store you may negotiate $200 in store credit (leave them $50 markup) and negotiate some on the purchase of your new (or used) handgun. Free background check, free box of ammo, free holster.
    That kind of thing.
    Don’t be a dick just ask nicely.
    You’ll only be out another $20-30 from a private sale and have none of the hassle.

Celtic likes this.
  5. riverrover

riverrover Member

I sold some ammo I didn't need face to face off this website.
    http://www.mwguntrader.com/
    The guy that bought the ammo noticed I was a newbie and mentioned that the trade board used to have a ton of firearms for sale, but much less now due to Covid, riots, etc. It's a sellers market, but for the right item and right price!

And as I never like to sugar coat, you'll probably have to take more than a $50.00 loss on a $650.00 pkg offer. The shipping cost and dealer transfer fee for a out of state buyer will eat up that $50.00 savings off retail. Depends upon how much time you want to sit on the rifle.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Visper likes this.