Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539880,00.html

HARTFORD, Conn. - British health officials have warned doctors of possible similarities between the new H1N1 vaccine and a shot linked to 25 deaths in the U.S. in the 1970s.

The British government's Health Protection Agency (HPA), said in a letter to neurologists that they needed to look out for increases in cases of a brain disorder that might follow the launch of the immunization program.

The letter has been sent because of concerns sparked by studying of the swine flu vaccination campaign in the U.S.

PHOTOS: The H1N1 Survival Guide

H1N1: Separating Myth From Fact

HOT TOPIC: Tracking H1N1

In 1976, Washington rushed in a mass immunization program against a similar swine flu outbreak that was confined to a single military base.

Several hundred cases of a rare, lethal, paralyzing neurological disease called Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) were reported afterwards, and although no clear link was ever found to the vaccine, the incident made many mistrustful of immunizations.

Although the H1N1 vaccine now close to completion is different from the one used in 1976, the HPA said the earlier incident nevertheless highlighted a possible area of concern.

"The vaccines used to combat an expected swine influenza pandemic in 1976 were shown to be associated with GBS and were withdrawn from use," Prof. Elizabeth Miller, head of the HPA's immunization department, wrote in the letter sent last month to neurologists.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I really think they're blowing this whole flu bit way out of preportion. Yes it can be bad to some folks Young children and some older folks BUT it's NOT a big killer virus that will wipeout the whole population like they're trying to scare everyone into believing.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For one the regular flu has killed more people than this one...

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had swine flu last week.

It wasn't so bad. Missed about 3 days of work shooting a rainbow coalition of fluids from the attic and the basement.

Food poisoning from Sir Pizza in Lexington Ky was WAY worse. That was the single worse illness I have ever suffered in my life. It beat out appendicitis with a rupture, and having a serious infection in my knee cap muscle tendons and bone.

My kids school had 6 reported cases last week too. Little monsters bring every disease known to mankind home every year.

I'll have ebola next.

Besides, most vaccines have the chance to give you Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). We had to sign a waiver for the possibility of that for Mumps, and the Menengitis vaccine this year for the boy starting middle school.

So two other vaccines kids are required to have, give the kid the same chance to get GBS as swine flu does.

But they don't wanna report that part.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The problem with this flu is it isnt acting normally. There should be very few cases of flu over the summer but instead this thing just continues to infect. That bodes very badly this winter especially if we have a cold winter as it seems we may. Also the people being infected and hit hard are not normal this is also cause for concern. They really are worried about this one and if given the chance get the vaccine series. Strains that have acted like this in the past have gone on for years which gives greater chance for a nasty mutation. If you are going to get this get it early as things could get rough if the medical system became overwhelmed.

There are no sure bets, it may be bad it may not but the potential is there to be catastrophic.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
with any man made vaccine there is potential for GBS or other lethal side effects. we had a guy in my town die after getting a simple flu shot because he didnt know he was allergic to one of the ingredients used to make it. he had a violent reaction on the way out the door of the clinic anf died before they could even get him into an exam room.

the swine flu has infected a few people around my area (mostly those that traveled to areas that were infected) and the biggest problem for them is cost. the pills you take for it can cost upwards of 100$ EACH and you take a two week course of them. one guy bought all he needed for himself and his family of three and then declared medical bankrupcy because it cleared out his life savings and forced him to give up his buisness because he couldnt work to make his payments.

SW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts