Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found your forum and you all seem to have much experience and opinions. I like that.

As my title suggests, I just bought a 995 with laser. I didn't really want the laser but it was all my dealer had available except for a camo barebones. I wanted a black one but a camo would have worked, since I want to put an ATI mount on it, it really didn't matter. Too late. No exchanges no returns... So.. Is there any market for my laser complete setup to recoup some of the extra $ I spent so i can buy a red-dot? They charged an extra $60 for the laser combo.

I'm also having huge trouble finding ammo for it. As I've read, ALL ammo is being bought up quickly. I called 6 Wal-Marts in my area, none have any. On-line, very difficult also. Any suggestions?

Anyway, thanks for any help/info. I had been looking at a CX4 and to be honest, until I talked to a friend, didn't even know Hi-Point had a 9mm carbine. The CX4's have gotten ridiculous in price. If the 995 proves to be the rifle most here claim, it was money well vested.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have Had better success going to small gun shops for ammo than the big box stores.

·
Registered
7 Posts
put the laser on ebay. you will not get all your $$$, but may recoup some. There are lots on there. I think the laser with mounts have been listed for $60, but selling fro about $15. As for Ammo, pick a WM and go everyday and you might get lucky. Find out when they are stocked. As said before, smaller gun shops or ranges usually have some ammo, but you will pay more. The other day, my local range had 3000 winchester 9mm sitting on the counter. $15/50 rounds.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I haven't had any luck at Wallyworld either, but have been successful at Academy Sporting Goods. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just went to the Tulsa Gun Show, Main Reason to go -- Ammo. They where selling out of 9mm by the Case load. Lowest price was 13.00 a box of Wolf. $130 for 500. Next closest 500rd box was $180 :brow: Sellouts happened in the First 4 hours of the Show!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I went to Wal-mart in Sikeston, MO. and they didn't have any .380, 9mm, 40, 45. They did have the 100 rd 12 ga box for $25.00. I bought one of those. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Hey, I'm in NY too. We've found ammo at Dicks and at Gander Mountain. Check smaller gun shops, they will be more likely to have a few boxes in stock.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have found that WM has the best price by far, and although most of the time when I ask they are out, I have found that they usually get a shipment in every day. You just have to know when it comes in and be close to first in line. I have a 995 that I bought new in Jan, and a 4095 that bought used in March. WM usually has the 40 ammo in stock, and it's only $12.97 for a box of 50, not bulk packed. I have gotten setup in reloading (renewed activity) and have bought dies for 45acp, 9mm and 40 s&w to add to my 38/357 and 7.62x39 collection. I find that the reloaded ammo shoots just fine in all four (c9, 995, 4094, 45jhp) of my Hi-points. I can even manually load and eject after fine-tuning each of the magazines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts