Hello All, New to forums

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by dbjurg, Feb 7, 2008.

1. dbjurg

dbjurg Guest

Just wanted to say hi all, from here in waterboro maine, and I am a proud hipoint owner recently. I purchased a cf380 used from a buddy for 125$, with a nice fobus paddle holster. I will be getting pics shortly, I have to borrow a camera, I've done some mods to it already, I've polished the feed ramp and the whole barrel. I also took some cool looking rubberized grip tape and put that on the grips. Feels nice lol. Ohh yeah and i painted the front sights green instead of yellow, yellow is harsh to me eyes lol.

2. welcome and good job for the sight. post some pix, we like pictures.

3. ab4ka

ab4ka Guest

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good folks and good info here. And look out...Hi-Points are like potato chips, you can't have just one :)

4. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Welcome. I love my CF380. 'tis a great little shooter! A tip, when you find a good price on ammo, buy all you can!

5. dbjurg

dbjurg Guest

Hey kyu, do u know any good places online to buy maybe like surplus .380 ammo or something to that effect, thanx.

6. Welcome...

Beware, there is a virus that is very contagious and you catch it when you buy your 1st Hi-Point. The predominant symptom is the urge to buy another one and another one and another one and another one and another one and another one...... Must go, must buy Hi-Point... :D

Proud owner of a Hi-Point C9 and a CF380

7. Welcome! Lots of good info and good people here.

8. Welcome to the forum. You'll like it here, So far I think everyone here is nice, no one has been bitten yet.

9. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Not sure. While I know that .380 has been a military round, I am sure that supply has long ago dried up. In my area I find it's not too expensive. I can get Wolf, Blazer, WWB, and similar cheep ammo for $8-9/ 50 rnd. box. What I have determined is I need to stock up when I can find it for less than that!

cheers,
    kyu

10. Ari

Ari Guest

11. Welcome and Enjoy! :wink:

12. Welcome to the HPFF and congrats on the CF380!

To my knowledge there is no surplus deals on .380acp. Cheapest ammo I can think of would be Winchester White Box at Wal Mart in the 100rd Value Packs. Other than that you may come across a good deal on Wolf or perhaps some CCI Blazer or Blazer Brass. Before I started reloading my own .380 I would buy factory reloads from a local ammo dealer, usually cost $6-$7 per 50rds and was good enough for range ammo.

13. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    welcome to the forum! You will like it here....good info, good people

14. welcome to the fold!