Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hi-Point fans.
I'm a new Hi-Point C9 owner and I just wanted to say hi, and break the cycle of lurking now that I have survived the 10 day waiting period.

I'll get the ball rolling with a statistic. In 2007, the most recent year available, Beemiller Inc, Haskell Manufacturing Inc, and Iberia Firearms Inc. (the manufacturers behind Hi-Point) collectively produced over 121,000 firearms. That means that in terms of semiautomatic handguns, they are only behind Sturm Ruger & Company Inc with 140k and the industry giant; Smith and Wesson Corp. with 259k. Those are some pretty impressive numbers for a company that many hold in low regard.

Sauce: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/stats/index.htm

-E

·
Registered
258 Posts
:welcome:
Thats an interesting stat. Must mean there are a lot of closet owners.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
and lots of people who own a gun simply because it makes them feel safe. it resides in the bedside drawer for many years without ever being used. they arent avid gunowners lke us who talk, shoot and use guns regularly. they simply own one to own one.

SW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.