Hello from Houston!

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by HP-Texan, Jun 14, 2015.

1. HP-Texan

HP-Texan Member

Hey whats going on guys and perhaps gals.
    I'm new to the forum all though i have been reading the threads here for about a week before i was actually able to post lol.

Never heard much about Hi Points until about a month ago when i found a 380 at a pawn shop marked down for 130$ out the door, I did a little research on my phone and decided it would be worth it to go ahead and make the purchase.
    Glad i did because i love it, I decided to go ahead and polish the feed ramp as well as bend out the ears on the clip. I took it to the gun range and it performed fairly well all though i would run into a few FTF's. I shot about 200 rounds that day. I brought it home and decided to try adjusting the spring and i think i bent it to much possibly lol because now it seems to do the exact opposite of nose dive Lol but it seems with 6 bullets loaded in i get no problems at all. I'm going to re adjust the spring and try again this week.

Besides the few FTF's with the 380 i still am very impressed with Hi Points so i decided to go back and get the 40 s&w, this time around i decided to go ahead and take it to the range before i did anything to it. I could tell that it had been shot a little bit in the past. The feed ramp was about 20% polished already, I shot about 50 rounds thru it and every other shot was FTF so last night i went ahead and bent the lips out a tad and polished the feed ramp... Waiting to see the results once i go back to the range this week.
    Also it came with the Green 10 round magazine which was odd because being new with hipoints i thought the newer magazines were orange? oh well.

Anyways im loving the forums guys, My name is David and i reside in Houston Texas!! Go Texans

2. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome from Indiana! :)

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Will you let me give you a little FYI?
    Never tweak or adjust anything until you try it?
    If you have a FTF or FTE it could be several different things. Try shooting with more than one magazine. If you have 3 magazines & the problem persist, probably the gun, not the mag? Ejector, firing pin, etc.? It doesn't hurt to lubricate your magazines either.
    I have several HP's. I have only polished the feed ramp on one of them. The last several new guns were polished from the factory.
    Oh, almost forgot Welcome!

4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

:welcome: lots of different personalities here and tons of knowledge!

Even few good popcorn/beer threads from time to time for pure entertainment value!

Melvin has some great advice there for ya.

5. HP-Texan

HP-Texan Member

Currently only have 1 mag for each of my guns. If all goes well I will be purchasing a few more for each sometime this week. Yea a lesson learned there and on my last purchase (the 40s&w) I did nothing until I took it to range and after ftf constantly I did polish the feed ramp and tweak the mag lips. Hopefully that solves the Pittsburgh with that one. As for the 380 I'm hoping a new mag will fix the issue at hand.

BTW how do you go about sending the gun back to mom? And how much is the shipping run?

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the nut hut;-)

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Any FFL can ship a pistol through USPS, and use flat rate shipping. It cost $10 to ship anywhere in USA. I have my FFL ship my handguns , he charges me $15.

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from the metromess (DFW).