Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and I've found this to be a very useful and civil forum. I recently purchased my Model JHP .45 ACP from a buddy who bought it new and was discouraged by the jams. I was more interested in an inexpensive handgun and suffer from the "bigger is better", "there's no replacement for displacement" syndrome. :embarrassed2: After reading many of the posts here, I'm convinced I made the right decision to purchase this pistol. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get out to the country to shoot it and work out the kinks (if any). I've at least purchased a new set of clothes for the pistol after reading your posts - the $7 Crossman holster from Wal-Mart. It's a tight fit but it works!

Your posts are so convincing, I've ordered a new C9 from a local guy who sells weapons (all above board of course!). Unfortunately, he seems to be low on the priority list for new shipments so it may be a little while before I can get the C9. Oh well. That will give me more time to locate ammunition. Wal-Marts in Oklahoma are no better stocked than those noted in your posts.

Enough of my rambling. Thanks for many useful tips and pointers and I look forward to many years of enjoyable Hi-Point plinking!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

-->Go Here and read. My compilation of common malfunctions, their causes, and fixes. Go. Read. Be Knowledgeable.<--

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome: villa

Lots to see, do and learn around here and plenty of folks to answear all your hipoint questions. Enjoy :rolleyes2: :yes: :thinking:
But remember

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Jet

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Amen to that! I've always enjoyed shooting but couldn't afford new toys. A buddy of mine told me about Hi-Point and now I want to collect at least one set! The carbines look pretty awesome (I'm partial to ugly I suppose) so I'm looking forward to saving for one of those.

Thanks for all of the friendly welcomes!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NMOkie, I ordered a C9 from a guy in OKC. I'll send an e-mail to you with his information as soon as I can find it.

--- minutes pass ---

OK. I sent a message to your e-mail.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Michigan..

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum from Iowa... enjoy!

Charlie(+25)

G

·
hello from another fellow okie(moore),to the other poster wanting to know where hipoints are stocked-there is a best buy pawn here in moore that has had a few tricke in,and it seems the place to go is Big Boys,on 72nd and south council(its in wheatland)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts