Hello from VA

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by 85_GT_Kid, Apr 30, 2015.

1. 85_GT_Kid

85_GT_Kid Member

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself, looking to get a Hi Point soon as I sell one of my cars (good way to spend the money right? ;)). Fairly new to guns having just 2 12GAs, a .22 rifle and a Mosin Nagant but hoping I can keep learning! Now to get back to actually working at my job :rolleyes:.

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum.. Any questions you have, we can probably answer!

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Or at least sound like we know what we are talking about.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I didn't say it would be correct, just said we could answer it!....

6. 85_GT_Kid

85_GT_Kid Member

Thanks for info! Unsure what I want to get right now but it also depends on what I can sell my car for ('73 Mach 1 anyone? :p). I'm really looking for an AR/AK platform first but I really like the idea of the HP Carbine and it would be something good for my girlfriend who really doesn't like like the kick of anything more the a .22 :blush:. I'll post when I get my Hi Point ;).

7. 85_GT_Kid

85_GT_Kid Member

Blagghh double post

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

If you are on a tight budget the 9mm is the cheapest to shoot if you don't reload. The 45 and 40 short and wimpy carbines and pistols use the same magazines but a more expensive to shoot with 45 being the most expensive. But you have to pay a bit more to shoot the best. All the carbines are good solid firearms. I have the 4595 and JHP and love shooting them. Welcome to the forum.

9. Welcome to the HighPoint world! Good decision.
    Lots of good knowledge here, very good place to be!

10. 85_GT_Kid

85_GT_Kid Member

Yea I was thinking on getting a 9MM because the ammo is considerably cheaper and yea I'm on a limited budget right now though that may change Monday....

Anyways I thought about the 3895 but I just received an email stating it'll be 6-8 months before they're available so that'll wait. Should be great for my girlfriend though.

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Welcome to the forum!

12. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome from Indiana! :)