Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Karim429, Mar 7, 2016.

  1. Karim429

    Karim429 Member

    I am new at this and was just wondering how do i go about getting my 9mm fixed by hi point it seems to get jammed and the clip doesnt seem to release right i bought it used from a pawnshop and they said hi point offers on all its guns warranty no ask questions no matter if I bought it new or not. Thanks!
  2. ajole

    ajole Supporting Member

    NE Utah
    Here's how they say to do it:

    Please call for specific instructions before sending in your gun

    When sending your gun to Hi-Point for repair, please include the following information: name, full address (including street, city, state, zip code), phone number, e-mail address, serial number and model of firearm, and a description of the needed repair.

    Also include all magazines that you use with your gun so our technicians can test the gun with its magazines. And finally, please be certain there are no live rounds shipped with the gun.

    Hi-Point Firearms
    1015 Springmill Rd.
    Mansfield, OH 44906

    What you will do is box it up, don't put ANYTHING on the box to say it is a gun, and I wouldn't even include the word "Firearms" in the address, just "Hi Point" should be enough, then take it to UPS, and they will charge about $12-$15 to ship it.

    They used to say just label it as "machine parts", but that seems to scare some folks. IMHO, they ARE machines, and since they are non-functional, they are certainly just parts, but I'm sure some lawyer would disagree.:rolleyes:

    If your local UPS store are dinks, they will want to tell you it MUST be over-nighted, and will try to charge you $50 or so.

    If they do that tell them to suck it, and go find a local "Mailbox" place that does UPS drops, and ship it from there.

    The other option is to get your local gun store (LGS) to do it for you . Many charge for the service, like maybe $25 plus shipping, which can make it expensive.

  3. OldOutlaw

    OldOutlaw Supporting Member

    Welcome!! :) Here is the link to customer service.
    They have phone numbers by the caliber of your gun.
    Just so you know, they only have one person answering the phones. So you may get many busy signals. Just keep trying and you will get the person. It has been said the best time is early morning just when they open. Not sure of time. Perhaps 8 AM???
    They will take very good care of you and your gun!! Promise!

  4. OldOutlaw

    OldOutlaw Supporting Member

    What type of 9mm is this? Pistol or carbine?

    It makes a difference in how it is legally shipped.
  5. FirearmFanatic

    FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

    Welcome to the forum! And just follow the advice of the privious posters.
  6. ajole

    ajole Supporting Member

    NE Utah
    Only if you use USPS, right?

    Which no one has suggested.;)
  7. undeRGRound

    undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

    Hope you get it running again, soon!
  8. OldOutlaw

    OldOutlaw Supporting Member

    I don't have the Fed regulation at hand at the moment, but as I recall it states you must ship any handgun as per the shippers rules. And, that a Pistol has to be declared. UPS and Fed require at least 2nd day I think it is.

    I ran into this 2 years ago I think it was with a Swedish Lahti m/40 pistol I bought on Gun Brokers. Guy wanted to ship regular UPS labeled Automotive parts. But, I had seen Gun Brokers reference on shipping one. So, I do have it with reference to Federal Regulations.

    (B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
    A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

    [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 178.31, 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]