Helluva Week

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Flyboy, Nov 16, 2015.

1. So we own two cars; an '02 Honda Civic and an '05 Ford Mondeo. I drive the Mondeo, my wife's is the Civic.
    Well, the Civic needed a new tire, so I was gonna go get a quote on a new tire from a shop that's a couple blocks away. Well, my wife has almost no reason to really drive, it's mainly for emergencies, so it had been sitting for about a month. Which normally isn't a problem, that thing's a little workhorse. But this time, it was dead, so I had to jump it from the Mondeo. Not too unusual, made a note to start it more. Well, it decided to up and die as soon as I hit the parking lot of the tire shop. Wouldn't start at all, even though all the electronics worked, so I knew at that point the starter was shot. So I got it towed from the shop to my dealer whom I get all my parts from (50/50 parts cost on warranty). So that was inconvenient, but I still got the Mondeo.
    Well, Friday morning, I'm driving home from work, and my battery indicator comes on. I had an alternator installed a few months ago on it after the other one decided to cut its output in half, but I stupidly threw on a secondhand one instead of a new one. Sure enough, I ended up dead in the water right in the middle of a roundabout outside RAF Mildenhall at 9:30 AM...rush hour, everyone's trying to get on base, and this roundabout is one of the main thoroughfares. Luckily I was only about ten yards away from a pull-off area, so the guy behind me helped me push the thing in there and they towed me to the shop. As luck would have it, the Honda had just been rolled back out with a new starter and battery, so I was able to drive that out while I turned my Mondeo in. Now the Mondeo's got a brand new alternator on it.

But dear Lord, two otherwise healthy cars in the course of three days. It's like I'm taking crazy pills!

But with the Honda we were able to make it to Birmingham for our family photoshoot on Saturday, so here's a bonus pic from it:

Attached Files:

2. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

You look totally different in your avatar pic vs this pic. Way younger looking in the family pic.

Cute baby and beautiful wife!

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

E is lying you look old what happened to your hair??? Cute family;) though

4. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Your little boy looks just like you!

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Good looking family FB

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Chubby and bald.... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to adulthood. The cookies are stale, the candy is sugar-free, and now you're one step closer to an annual prostate exam.

8. I was thinking the kid has more hair?

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

So who is the pic of your avatar:p

10. Rerun

Rerun Member

Great Photo!

eldar