Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new c9 and 2 extra mags, i loaded up and it works fine till it gets to the last 2 rounds. they won't come up so the slide can load them, they are stuck down in the mag about 1/4 from top. when i press the mag release button and take the mag out they pop up like they are supposed too. it done this on all three mags, out of 50 rounds it cleared only 1 mag. even when you load them and cycle the gun by hand the last two are stuck below the slide, till i release the mag then they pop up. i've never had this problem before, thanks for any help..

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If it is doing what you are describing, the magazine's walls have been compressed or bent inward slightly... that would explain why it works until you get to the last two... seeing as the mag spring doesn't have enought compression to push the last two through... I suggest you take a look at your problem mag and see if you can tell if it's been compressed, bent, or warped.
Let me know your findings.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Is there something squeezing in the mags while they are in the pistol? Are the mags hard to put into the pistol and take back out?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i load the mags and strip each shell by hand they all come up the mag. and out. if they are in the gun they stick on the last two. also i am loading all 8, if i load 3-4 it wont stick. the gun did cycle one mag. full good but the rest got stuck. but when i release the mag. from the gun and remove it they are at the top of the mag. all 3 mags are giving the same trouble.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If it is doing what you are describing, the magazine's walls have been compressed or bent inward slightly... that would explain why it works until you get to the last two... seeing as the mag spring doesn't have enought compression to push the last two through... I suggest you take a look at your problem mag and see if you can tell if it's been compressed, bent, or warped.
Let me know your findings.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Thats why I am asking if there is something about the pistol that is causing the rounds to not come all of the way to the top.

If they come out when the mag is not in the pistol, but stick in the mag when it is in the pistol, logic would make me think that it is something with the pistol that is causing the trouble.

More than likely something simple, just have to figure it out.

If it were me I would take the slide off and put the mag in and look from the top and see if I could see what is causing the problem.

·
Registered
959 Posts
could be a weak spring. If they're nosed down while in teh pistol due to it, they'd press against the front of the mag as teh slide came forward trying to load them... make sense?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mag spring might be over-compressed and binding on itself. Carefully try taking the floor plate/finger extension off and trying to take it apart from the bottom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys if I read it right (I read and reread it 3 time) the problem is with all 3 of his mags not just 1 of them. Strange if it were just one I would agree with you. But it seems to be doing it with 3 mags which would lead me to believe it is something with the gun itself. It sounds like somehow there is something in the mag well or something causing it. I would take the grips off and place the mag in and see if they will cycle by hand. This way maybe you can see what might be putting a squeeze on them.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Guys if I read it right (I read and reread it 3 time) the problem is with all 3 of his mags not just 1 of them.
you are absolutely right P, i seemed to have missed that somehow...

and +1 on the grip idea, so long as there are holes underneath that he can observe the mag well ( I dunno personally, haven't ever removed them..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Guys if I read it right (I read and reread it 3 time) the problem is with all 3 of his mags not just 1 of them. Strange if it were just one I would agree with you. But it seems to be doing it with 3 mags which would lead me to believe it is something with the gun itself. It sounds like somehow there is something in the mag well or something causing it. I would take the grips off and place the mag in and see if they will cycle by hand. This way maybe you can see what might be putting a squeeze on them.
+1

And yes there are holes that would allow observation!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I agree it sounds as if something is goofy with the pistol, not the mag(s).
I would almost suggest something with the mag catch interfering.
Mag. springs overcome the intrusion until the later rounds where the spring is not as strong.
Doing the same thing with three different mags. seems unlikely it's a mag. issue.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Sounds to me like the Last Round Hold Open lever is sticking. It could be applying just enough pressure to hold the last couple of rounds down.

twinkie1979, is the slide staying open with the last 2 rnds still in it?
If so, I would put a drop of oil on the LRHO assembly & see if that solves the problem. It is located by the front/top edge of the left side grip.

If that doesn't help then there may be a small bit of "flash" still attached to the frame on the inside of the Mag Well that is compressing the magazine side wall just a tad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no the lrho only works after all rounds are out. i wonder if the mag catch could be too long and catching on the springs in the mag? and can i check this with the grip removed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys i found out something, while the round is stuck down in the mag if i hold the slide open and press down on the shell with a screwdriver it pops up. i took off the grip but didn't see anything. and i loaded the mag again, and when it stuck i pressed down on the shell and it popped up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just ran another test, if i load a snap cap first followed by ammo, it feeds everything. the snap cap doesn't stick, only real ammo.

·
Registered
959 Posts
maybe it's a problem with your ammo?

·
Registered
290 Posts
maybe it's a problem with your ammo?
It's always a good idea to use the correct ammunition. :wink:

If you have no problems inserting and ejecting the magazine from the gun, that makes me think there's something wrong with your mags. Take them apart and clean the body and spring. Inspect the springs as well as inside the body. Put them back together and see what happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well with twinkies last post. I am going to be inclined to say it is an ammo problem. You have not mentioned which ammo you are using but I am going to go out on a limb and say it is Winchester White Box. Am I right? Guys remember when I was having problems loading mags and they would only hold 6-7 rounds? I sent the remaining rounds back to winchester because they stated there could not be a problem with the ammo that could cause it. Turned out I was right and they sent me 2 boxes to make up for it. It turned out the "supplier" who made the cases (Winchester claimed it was an outsource) had accidentally made the rounds a little to large. I was also having chambering problems with the ammo. It didn't want to chamber without some "help". I was having to force the first one but the rest would feed. That was due to the amount of force the slide produced during the cycle. The rest of the wwb I have used has been fine. Sometime the factory can screw up not often mind you as these types of problems (ex:round slightly too large to chamber correctly) can cause a KB.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts