Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I usually keep a C9 in my glove box. I cleaned my C9 on Friday night and on Saturday when I went to put it back in the car I hear this frantic screaming so I run to my back fence. Well the guy behind me locked his keys in the car and I swear screamed like someone was trying to kill him :mad:. I think in all the excitement I left my C9 on the patio table. Well of course it rained today and I found it wet on the patio table. What should I do to try to prevent rust. It doesn't look like it got too wet, there's a cover over the table but it got a little wet when the wind blew.

Any help would be great :'(

THanks

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Field srtrip it and soak metal parts in mineral spirits or alcohol then blow it off/out with high pressure air, then lightly re-oil the critical areas.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Thought from the subject line you had it with the cake in McArther Park?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
just spray it down with wd-40 and blow it out with compressed air... after all this is what the WD stands for Water Displacement!

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
Spray it with wd-40 and blow it out with compressed air. Use a hair drier and blow it dry then place it in the oven at the lowest heat possible (150 degrees) for a hour or until dry. I have dried a lot of wet drills and electrical tools using this method.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I really don't know how I forgot it out there. It's been stripped and cleaned and sprayed. I hit it with the blowdryer and I'll put it back together when I get home. I'll test it at the range on Saturday and let you know how it turned out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, this is going to beat the hell out of the hi point in the kitty litter test I saw on youtube. I also noticed there was no water on the grip, thanks to hogue.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I believe that may have been the first Jimmy Webb reference I have ever seen on a firearms forum.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
LOL, someone was paying attention and possibly showing their age?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I believe that may have been the first Jimmy Webb reference I have ever seen on a firearms forum.
You know, I still can't believe Richard Harris is dead... he was an amazing actor.

His singing, however...

:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
[/quote

And, I am not sure it was really necessary at this point. Didn't William Shatner "cover" that song on his album back years ago, when they let actors who couldn't sing (or act either) record music?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
You know, I still can't believe Richard Harris is dead... he was an amazing actor.

His singing, however...

:D
Amazing what you can do when you're stoned!

·
Registered
282 Posts
LOL, someone was paying attention and possibly showing their age?
I played trombone in an honest to goodness stage band. We opened every performance with "Get It On" and closed with "MacArthur Park". In between we played Ellington, Dorsey, Ferguson and Miller. Ahh, I can still hear my buddy Tim playing the trumpet solo in "String of Pearls". Man, that was a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
if ya do the oven-drying thing prop the door open a crack, let's the moisture escape...

...AND while your doing that slice up some deer meet real thin & make some jerky... ; )

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I finally went to the range and My C9 did not perform as expected. I was with a group of people and didn't really feel like working while shooting so to make a long story short I shot 4 clips:

1st Jammed on third round, empty round stovepiped
2nd Feed ramp issue: around the 5th shot, bullet did not chamber and slide didn't stay open on last shot.
3rd shot fine
4th shot fine

I decided to stop here while I was on a roll and come back when I was with fewer friends. Maybe I'll try to find that post about polishing the feed ramp and give that a try. In all honesty I think the spring on my mag may be rusted since I spent so much time cleaning and drying the gun and gave it no attention. So I think I may be calling Hi Point for another mag.

OH, and thanks again for all the help guys. :dead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.