Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to improve my gun picture skills. My first one was horrible, this one is a little less horrible.

Any suggestions or input on how to improve it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
high contrast background, lots of soft (diffused) lighting to kill shadows, and fix the camera in a stationary location, pose the gun to the camera, not the camera to to the gun.

About all I got. I use a small "gorilla pod" I got from Amazon, basically a 3 legged pose-able tripod for your camera, works wonders.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I dont have one but if your looking for advice I would say search how to build a cheap light box and get the gorilla tripod. Ive never been too into photo's of my guns but I enjoy it when others do...Have even used some as a desktop background. your on a fun road to a great hobby.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good photo, but it's a 2.13 MB file! Save it as a .jpg with 75% compression and the same 800 X 550 pixels and it becomes a 44.4 k file. . .

Try making the change and see what you think of the end product.
Yikes! And so it is! I must have screwed something up royally because I normally wouldn't do that with one of my shots. I'll have to fix it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, a scantily clad chick might improve the photo a bit.

Short of that, you might try cranking a bit more contrast into this .png image to remove the "fog" and change the blue-black to cleaner black.

Brightness doesn't seem to do much for the quality, but you might try playing with the color depth, the number of colors, and take it from "millions of colors" to about 64K colors, forcing the system to select the nearest color and cleaning up the gray range.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All right guys. When Angelina Jolie comes by later tonight for her "little something on the side." I'll have her stand naked with my C9 and I'll take the picture.

Then will it be OK? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.