***HELP!!!-HAVING SOME ISSUES-NEED ADVICE***

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Gonzo480, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Gonzo480

Gonzo480 Guest

I;ve been trying to hammer out the slide pin to clean the gun well and it WILL NOT budge :x I am following the guide on this website and nothing! Please someone some advice!!

Also, when the safety is on I can still engage the trigger with minimal force and then it sticks in the pulled position..WTF??? And, I don't know if this is normal or not but I can dry fire my HP, something I've never been able to do. W/O a mag in it I just pull the slide back and pull the trigger and "click"??? I couldn't do this when I first bought it.

Please some advice. :)

2. I would say something is def wronge, i dont know the answer but it sounds like a problem you will have to send back to the company =(

3. Some thing is going on there. I would send her in and get it checked out. Sorry I don't have better advice for a quick fix. Maybe some one will catch this and have a quick one for ya to get you shooting quick!!! Good luck

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Did you take the grip panels off? If so, the magazine block thingie is out of position: thus, you can dry fire without the mag inserted.
    As far as the pin: Make sure that the slide is COMPLETELY free of the hole on the other side. If you don't have more than 1000 rounds through it, I wouldnt recommend it. But hey, each to his own.

5. Gonzo480

Gonzo480 Guest

I have about 1200 rdds through it. I think its goin back...I got the slide off and cleaned her but not the trigger pulls easy no matter what, and even with a round in the chamber it won't fire :roll:

6. Rule #1: Since there is no need to break down a HP, don't. This is going to be posted once every week because people do it anyway, and then mess it up. HPs are not made to take down.

Rule #2: If there is any issue with the gun whatsoever, send it back to HP who will service and clean it for FREE. No questions asked.

Rule #3: Copy these rules and paste them for the next 3 guys who post on the board this week that they took their HP apart and are now stuck.

7. Sounds like there is a little more going on there than a simple mistake assembling. Let us know what happens