Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

What should I buy?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the idea of selling my c9 to help fund a kel tec pf9. THe c9 sold in a hour or so. My bday is coming up on the 27th and I have some bday money to spend on a new gun. Im looking at about $360 to spend. My orginal plan was the pf9. I have a few other guns on my wishlist that fall within or below the price range. So I either spend almost all of it on the kel tec or sks, or come out with a few different guns. Desicions , Desicions.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
I think you should buy a Taurus Millenium Pro, theres a certain member on the boards that has one for sale :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Since your original plan was for a PF-9, that's what I voted for. None of the guns listed will be hard to find later, so, after buying that get one of the others.

With some frugal planning there's no reason you can't own them all if you really want. Just be patient and buy prudently.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I found a .22lr conversion kit for my Berretta 92fs for cheap so I may end up with that. They are hard to find these days and for this price it's hard to pass up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would look at the Ruger P95 or P89, its a great shooter and if you search you can find one in your price range, I paid 400 OTD for mine from Academy Sports, The Taurus Millenium comes in 9mm as well which is a great shooter.. my bro in law had one and used it as his carry weapon but he noticed it would get rust spots on the outside from sitting in his holster going in and outdoors.. I never got my CCW so I never tried with the ruger but it is a full size 9 so I wouldnt carry it if I did have the permit.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would look at the Ruger P95 or P89, its a great shooter and if you search you can find one in your price range, I paid 400 OTD for mine from Academy Sports, The Taurus Millenium comes in 9mm as well which is a great shooter.. my bro in law had one and used it as his carry weapon but he noticed it would get rust spots on the outside from sitting in his holster going in and outdoors.. I never got my CCW so I never tried with the ruger but it is a full size 9 so I wouldnt carry it if I did have the permit.
I have a full size 9mm already in my Beretta 92fs. Looking for something small.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have owned both the PF9 and P11. Save yourself some grief, buy something else. If you must have a Keltec, the P11 is a far better firearm than the PF9. There are thousands of PF9 owners out there still trying to convince themselves and others that their money was well spent.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the guy on the beretta forum sold the conversion kit out from under me. I dont understand some people. You ask for their paypal address for payment and are the first to reply to the thread and send PM and they sell it too someone else. Im sure that wouldn't happen on HF! :devilsidesmile: :mad:

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
I have owned both the PF9 and P11. Save yourself some grief, buy something else. If you must have a Keltec, the P11 is a far better firearm than the PF9. There are thousands of PF9 owners out there still trying to convince themselves and others that their money was well spent.
I'd have to disagree with this one. I'd never own a P11 after the experience I had with one, but the PF9 is a good firearm. I've shot my future father-in-law's PF9 many times and really enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
looking at your list of weapons, it looks light you need a lightweight conceal pistol. PF9

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to the gun store to look at the keltec's. Only had the p11 in stock .The trigger pull is horrible. I won't own that gun. Every store in Utah is out of the pf9! One gun I did like was the taurus 709. It was nice and small and the trigger was nice. I also spotted an ak47 I really want and it happened to be on sale! Crap! I dont think Ill ever make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
My vote is for the SKS but if you can swing the AK go for that. I have owned 3 SKS's and an MAK-90 and all four were great guns.

Wish I still had them.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Have you looked into a Bersa 9UCP's? Right price and as you can see smaller than your full size 92F.

I also had the miss fortune of finding some one selling rubber grips no longer made for my beretta cougar 9.
He did the same thing, sold them out from under what I thought was a done deal. The 22 conversion would have been the best solution.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have you looked into a Bersa 9UCP's? Right price and as you can see smaller than your full size 92F.

I also had the miss fortune of finding some one selling rubber grips no longer made for my beretta cougar 9.
He did the same thing, sold them out from under what I thought was a done deal. The 22 conversion would have been the best solution.
I have considered the Bersa. I also found a crazy good deal on an ak74. I cant believe how much cheaper the ammo is for the 74 vs. the 47. I may haft to jump on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts