Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my grandpa gave me this shotgun last night, I was wondering if you could help me identify it. As far as I can tell the shotgun was made by Mass Arms Co. of Chicopee Falls Massachusetts. The only other markings I see say choke boxed on the topside of the barrel by the break. Its a single shot break action shotgun, I assume its less than a 12 gauge as the barrel looks smaller than a 12.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I never thought of his being a BP rifle, but if it is then the metal wouldn't hold up to smokeless powder. It would blow up/come apart.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I'd say there's a real good chance of that being a 16 gauge. That was a pretty popular shell many years ago.

If it's BP only, then yeah it'll only be safe to fire shotgun shells loaded with black powder. Modern smokeless powder could cause a KB and could injure yourself or someone nearby.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IIRC, Massachusetts Arms Company was a brand name used by J. Stevens Arms Co in the late 1800's and early 1900's, so it's possible it could be an old mod 107B or something. I could be wrong (and probably am), but that's just my $.02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.