help needed....scope repair info

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by talon, Apr 5, 2015.

1. talon

talon the banned wagon

So i noticed this morning that my scope is coming apart. The knob for the reticle intensity has come loose. Can't get a pic but it appears there are a couple tiny screws that have worked loose. The problem is, you cant access them. Ive removed the battery and there is a ring with two grooves cut in it (see pic). How do i get this part off to access the screws beneath it? I didn't try turning it yet because i wanted to see if anyone had ideas first.

Attached Files:

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I had that happen on a scope/laser combo I had. I returned it for replacement. Yours in warranty?
    That ring should back out. Spanner wrench normally needed, but any method to unscrew it works.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its several years old probably not under warrant anymore. Ill break out the tools later and grab a spanner. Thanks. It may have been like this awhile for all i know, don't think I've ever used the illuminated reticle.

4. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

If the scope is old I could be the recoil that has done it in . If I were you I would remove it from for rifle and then s***can it and put a new one on

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its on a Ruger 10/22 its not recoil damage. And it works just fine, definitely not gonna toss it instead of tightening a screw. Unless you're offering a donation of a nice shiny new scope? ::p

6. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

I'll give you my Trijjicon ACOG ..................... not !!:rolleyes:

7. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Cool--Thanks!!