Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone here needs any help on things paintball related don't be afraid to ask.

I have been playing paintball for over 10 years and have been rostered on pro tournament teams. I also love playing scenario games as well and have a fair collection of mil-sim paintball guns. I have manged paintball stores and am a level 2 tech on most guns. So if ya need some answers on guns or how to's I can more than likely help or point you in the right direction..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Texas Storm, Team Ignition, Cypress, NPPL and Super 7

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I'll bite. I want to know if lubricating my barrel will cut down on ball busting (pun intended :embarrassed2:). I heard someone mention that oiling the barrel will decrease breakage. I kind of think that it will equally decrease accuracy. have you had experience with this?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
A lot of time you might be shooting faster than your hopper can load.Are you using a gravity feed hopper?
yeah, i use the gravity feed, but i dont usually shoot that fast. i have two guns, and the problem occurs most often with the old pump action razorback II that I have. i keep it super clean but it usually breaks on the 3rd or 4th ball.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Got me on the pump.Still sounds like a feed problem, but I'm far from a expert.
I know with the other one (older semi-auto) that occassionaly i would get a multiple feed, but that seemed to break just about as regularly as a single ball, most times it would just shoot both balls just fine, with hinders power and accuracy but its no biggie if the balls dont break. like i said though, it happens more on the pump. since no one uses pump any more, i am guessing it will take an old timer to help me figure that one out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check the ball to barrel ratio. Do this test. Take 2 or 3 balls and try to get them through the barrel just by blowing through the barrel with your mouth. You will find that all the paintballs are not the same. It all comes down to where it was made , how old the paint is, and how its been stored. usually you will find stock barrels sitting around a .687-.688 diameter. Paint will be anywhere from .687 all the way to .695 . If you look aorund paintball web sites they sell barrel kits that contain various sizes of inner diameter sleeves. This is to eliminate the problem you are describing.

when you do this test if the paint is hard to blow through, you know the paint you are using is too big for the barrel. You want the paint to have a slight resistance when you blow. But if it rolls straight through that is fine too.

The only other problem it could or might be owuld be double feeding. and when ya shoot your breaking ball to ball in the barrel

I know my grammer sucks and all that but give that a try

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Check the ball to barrel ratio. Do this test. Take 2 or 3 balls and try to get them through the barrel just by blowing through the barrel with your mouth. You will find that all the paintballs are not the same. It all comes down to where it was made , how old the paint is, and how its been stored. usually you will find stock barrels sitting around a .687-.688 diameter. Paint will be anywhere from .687 all the way to .695 . If you look aorund paintball web sites they sell barrel kits that contain various sizes of inner diameter sleeves. This is to eliminate the problem you are describing.

when you do this test if the paint is hard to blow through, you know the paint you are using is too big for the barrel. You want the paint to have a slight resistance when you blow. But if it rolls straight through that is fine too.

The only other problem it could or might be owuld be double feeding. and when ya shoot your breaking ball to ball in the barrel

I know my grammer sucks and all that but give that a try
i have never heard that before. wow thanks. i will definitely give it a try. i'm pretty sure its not double feeding on the pump, i usually watch the balls drop in. but since i am definitely not picky about my paint, i think the diameter thing could be a good start. thanks for the info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.