Help us name our FFL!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Uraijit, Jan 27, 2008.

What should we name our company?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Desert Weapons Systems

100.0%
  2. Wasatch Weaponry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. West Desert Arms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kodiak Weaponry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pirate 'Arrrms' ;)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Well my business parter and I have been working on getting lined to to get a Federal Firearms Manufacturing License. We're about to register, and have not decided on a name yet. We've come up with a few names, and would like input, or suggestions.

If you select "other", be sure and do a post with your suggestion.

A bit of Background; We're in Utah, in the "Wasatch Mountain Range", next to the "West Desert", and Obviously, We're in the "Rocky Mountains". Hence the names.

Kodiak was just something we came up with. Grizzly Arms was already taken, and we thought a Bear would be a simple logo.

Any suggestions for logos to go with your vote are also welcome!

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

sorry I googled Rocky Mountain Arms it appears to be taken

3. I like the pirate one :-D But seriously....West Desert sounds cool to me.

4. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Both wasatch and west desert look ok at this time

5. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

You're right. I'll remove that one.

6. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Nevermind, I can't edit the poll, it I guess.

7. minidriver

minidriver Member

8. minidriver

minidriver Member

Or maybe Dead Eye Enterprises

9. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

West Desert Arms... your logo could be a dune with WD in the foreground.

10. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

you could call it Deseret Arms and have a beehive with an AK-47 and an AR-15 crossed in front. Try to get in on the mormon market. then they could abbreviate it DA lol.

[​IMG]

Don't have photoshop on this computer so I did not want to spend the time making one with the AK and so forth so I just made that baby in paint from the seal and what not.

11. unclerob

unclerob Member

edit; idea removed after close of poll for future use.

12. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Well, I was leaning toward West Desert Arms, and it seems like most agree. We've decided that West Desert Arms is the best fit. Thanks for all your fast responses, and the input.

My partner had stated before that if we were to do West Desert Arms, that we should do a desert mesa.

I think Utah's Castle Rock would be the best fit, and in looking I ran across this photograph.

[​IMG]

I think it would make an awesome logo. We want to be able to stamp the logo into the side of the receivers with our name, so it has to be a simple line-art design. But I think it would look absolutely awesome to have a silhouette like that with lightning striking above it.

A single bolt of lightning would probably be best, but I'm no artist.

What do you guys think?

Anybody got the skills to make something like that?

If someone can hook us up with a sweet logo, I'll give them any receiver we make, for cost.

13. West Desert Arms....

I also edited the poll for you to get rid of Rocky Mountain Arms.... :wink:

14. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Word. Thanks.

What do you think of the logo idea?

15. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Something like this.

[​IMG]

16. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I was one of the few with Desert Weapon Systems.

17. All this is pretty cool. I've started a few businesses over the years myself and it's a great feeling. I wish you guys all the luck in the world.

Your pic is way cool, and hope some one here can turn it into the visual you're looking for - I assume you have "rights" it. You may want to check - things like that have a way of biting you AFTER you have money someone can take from you.

18. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Well, I don't want that exact picture, I just want a very simple logo. Since the Castle Rock is a landmark, I don't need the rights to feature it in a logo. I'll just need someone who can draw it out into simple line-art.

The picture I posted up, I can't use, because I just took that picture I showed you guys, and used photoshop to define the edges, and drew in my own lightning bolt.

I don't have the skills to actually draw something like that out for real.

19. You have got to let me know when you open this store. Where's it going to be located? I'm in Provo, right next to BYU. I'll come in and take a look around when you get it open.