Help, what is this

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by Dane, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    And slide won't rack. No mag.

Attached Files:

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Do you have a close up of the writing on it? Looks to be an Eiber clone of the Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    My first thought as well, abused Colt, or a copy.

Use a macro setting on a real camera, or get back a bit and zoom in with a phone.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Takedown lever is engaged, also. :p
    Looks like a combo Slide Catch and takedown...

Attached Files:

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    PS: I'll give ya tree-fiddy :D

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Only thing I can make out is 1911 automatic and a patent mentioned.

Safety was removed in hopes to be ably to take down. Didn't work! :confused:

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep. And we need to see that, so we can help you.;)

Light and shadow can be a good thing, or not, try moving it around a bit and taking lots of shots, until you get a good one.

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

So can taken a sheet of white paper and a pencil, and lightly making a relief rubbing of the engravings.

9. FlashBang

If it has "1911 Automatic" stamped on it then you have a 7.65 1911 Victoria in 32ACP. That would make it pre-1915 which is when Astra took over the company and they became the "Ruby". To disassemble it, you bring the slide back and engage the safety selector into the forward most notch to hold the slide back. You then turn the barrel clockwise as you are looking at the muzzle end until it stops and then release the slide by disengaging the safety from the notch. This will allow the slide to be slid off the frame. The recoil spring is under the barrel. It disassembles the same as the Colt 1903. They are cool little firearms and are pretty accurate. ;)

10. What FlashBang said; it's an early Eibar pistol. Follow his disassembly instructions and you should be able to take it apart. Nice find, by the way!

11. There's a hammer hidden underneath the slide, these can get stuck and prevent the slide from moving. You may need to pull off the grips and punch out the pins that hold the hammer assembly in the frame. :( Metallurgy is suspect in a lot of the Eibar pistols, you have have some worn parts that are binding things up or just plain old rusted internals. Working on these can be extremely frustrating since there are no manuals and replacement parts are made of unobtainium (unless you get really, really lucky). But with a dose of patience you can probably get it working - and that's very satisfying. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you! :)

12. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    There is bad wear from holster or something near the end of the slide. Duh, I guess I can't go by memory anymore. :(

Says: 7? Model 1913 automatic pistol
    Stcsel no1 patent

Slide won't rack anymore since safety lever was removed?? Screw in rear fell into the upper receiver too. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

13. Ah, it's a 7.65 1914 Automatic Pistol "STOSEL" No1 Patent.
    These were made by Retolaza Hermanos in Eibar, Spain. Retolazas are infamous for poor steel quality and that leads to things wearing and/or breaking. The pic of the rear of the slide indicates to me that someone has messed with either removing or trying to remove the firing pin from the slide. This is most likely the reason the slide won't move. I'd remove the grips as I posted earlier and remove all the internals from the frame; that will most likely free up the slide.

Google "Stosel patent pistol" and you'll get a lot of reading material.

14. FlashBang

Ok, what you have is a "765 MODEL 1913. AUTOMATIC PISTOL "STOSEL" No 1 PATENT". It is a Spanish EIBAR made pistol commonly referred to as a "Ruby". They were made for the French by a bunch of manufacturers in the EIBAR region during WWI. They typically sell for $75-$100 but a pristine one can go for as much as $200. The quality of the manufacture is all over the place as the French were desperate for firearms and took pretty much anything. Parts can be anywhere from difficult to non-existent to find, depending on the part.

By the looks of it, it appears someone just started taking pieces apart trying to figure out how th disassemble it. Gotta love kitchen table gunsmiths. :)

15. FlashBang

We must have been typing at the same time. :)

16. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Got it apart!! :D Thanks !

Slide binds a little by itself on bottom. What will hold that screw on the back where it belongs? There an adjustment for it?

Attached Files:

17. FlashBang

The screw seals the firing pin in the firing pin tunnel, the slide should have treads for it. Typically the firing pin itself is held in place by either a vertical or horizontal pin in the slide. The screw should do nothing more then serve as a cap to keep dirt out of the rear of the tunnel.

18. Hmmm. Seems Flash and I have a common interest in Eibar pistols??