Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just the other day, the wife brought home a new toy for me, a .22LR SA revolver. only problem is, I don't know anything about it...

the gun has a buffalo emblem on the grips (black plastic), "GERMANY", and the serial number engraved on the bottom of the barrel, the serial number engraved again on the underside of the trigger guard, and what appears to be tiny proof marks engraved on the left hand side on the frame under the cylinder. the first having a design with an "n" below it, the second a shield of some sort, and the last one being the number "68" in a simpler shield design.

any ideas?

here is a picture I found of a similar gun, but the manufacturer wasn't identified:

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Well i'm just gonna guess but it sounds like a Rohm...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Check to see if the inside of the frame is marked "Herbert Schmidt"... manufactured by Herbert Schmidt Waffenfabrik
in Ostheim/Rhon, West Germany

It was imported into the U.S.A. by F.A.B. which was located in Sacramento, California.

The first stamp you described is the West German definitive nitro proof mark (smokeless powder).

The second stamp is a West German Proof Mark, put on the gun by the Munich Proof House.

The third stamp is the year of manufacture/proof, which is 1968.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Check to see if the inside of the frame is marked "Herbert Schmidt"... manufactured by Herbert Schmidt Waffenfabrik
in Ostheim/Rhon, West Germany

It was imported into the U.S.A. by F.A.B. which was located in Sacramento, California.

The first stamp you described is the West German definitive nitro proof mark (smokeless powder).

The second stamp is a West German Proof Mark, put on the gun by the Munich Proof House.

The third stamp is the year of manufacture/proof, which is 1968.
+1 on this. It looks a lot like the one I have right down to the holster. I'll try to throw a picture of mine up tonight for comparison.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks ya'll, turns out it is a Herbert Schmidtt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts