1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Aside from having the guns in the house accessible and knowing how to use them, what more can you do? Those people were duped into thinking that it was armed police conducting a search for criminals. Sure, we can ask to see badges and such, but who goes to the door with a gun in their hands? Unfortunately there are some contingencies you just can't be prepared for.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i have a photelectric eye that goes across the outside foyer, my dogs go nuts when it rings, wife was staying at the daughters last nite and they came home around 2300 for something they forgot, i was asleep on the couch, as soon as that bell rings, my crimson trace equipped colt commander is out of the table by my recliner to answer the door. didn't scare them, they are used to it by now!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
:wideeyed:

yikes.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Oh my, this is so sad I can hardly listen to it.
Yeah, I couldn't listen. It makes me worry about my girlfriend when she's home alone. You never 100% count on the police. They do the best job they can, but if they're understaffed and/or tied up across town, they can only get to you so fast.

I'm so glad that she took the NRA handgun course so that she can safely handle a handgun if she needs to.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Soooo whats the story?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Soooo whats the story?
Truth is stranger than fiction:
http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=10526303
Investigators say they have made three arrests in a home invasion in southern Arizona where a man and his 9-year-old daughter were fatally shot and a woman was wounded.
At a news conference Friday, the Pima County Sheriff's Office said 34-year-old Jason Eugene Bush, 41-year-old Shawna Forde and 42-year-old Albert Robert Gaxiola have been taken into custody in the May 30 killings 10 miles north of the Mexican border in the community of Arivaca.
Authorities said several men and a woman claiming to be police officers forced their way into the home in the middle of the night, killing 29-year-old Raul Junior Flores and his daughter, Brisenia Flores.
The girl's mother was wounded but is recovering.
Detectives believe the three suspects targeted the home with the intention of stealing money and drugs.
There's also a 'White Supremacist' angle you can expect to see a lot of on the TV news as this goes mainstream.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Ah, thanks for the details

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I've had the local PD show up at my house at 0-dark-thirty. It was a 'glitch' in the automated 911 call center or something. I came to the door in my bathrobe and a 9mm tucked in my pocket with the butt visible. Officer Miller was like 'Oh, hey, I didn't know you lived here. Is everything ok?' I told him everything was fine. He spied my gun and nodded. 'Can't be too careful.' And that was that. Can't beat living in a small town.

-'b

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I'm glad to hear the follow up on this story... often we don't get that...

I figured there might be drugs involved (or the hope of them at least).

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
YUP!! In So Carolina we had a guy pound on the door one night about 10 PM and I met him at the door with the C9 behind my back locked and loaded and safety off. Here if someone bangs on the door late at night either same thing or someone else answers the door and I stand by with a weapon ready!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
i really dont know what to say other than this hurt me.i belive that those people that did this should be drug out into the street,beaten,shot,and fed to dogs
that was one hell of a thing to do to someone why did they kill a kid? hell better hold up to what we hear of it

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I listened to the whole thing. It made me quite angry to say the least. I tried to find out more info on this and for now this is all I came up with. I bet the the trial has not started yet.

'Minuteman' admitted killing Arivaca man and daughter, 9

By Tim Steller

Arizona Daily Star

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 07.07.2009

The accused triggerman in the Arivaca double murder has confessed to the shootings and named suspects, according to a Pima County Sheriff’s Department investigator and a court filing.

Jason E. Bush made a “full confession” of the shootings soon after being arrested near Kingman on June 11, said Lt. Michael O’Connor of the sheriff’s department. The confession came to light in a court filing by the Pima County Attorney’s Office that says Bush “has confessed locally to two murders, one of a 9 year old child.”

Raul Junior Flores, 29, and his daughter Brisenia, 9, were killed May 30 by intruders dressed in camouflage and pretending to be law enforcement officers. Flores’ wife was shot and injured and was able to return fire when the attackers returned.

O’Connor said Bush named people other than his co-defendants, Shawna Forde of Everett, Wash. and Albert Gaxiola of Arivaca. But investigators are still determining whether they are culpable, he said.

Forde was the founder of a border-watch group called Minutemen American Defense and Bush was also a leader of the small group. The May 30 home invasion was to be the first of a series against people suspected of drug trafficking, intended to fund the Minutemen group’s activities and other efforts, O’Connor has said.

Another Arivaca man was arrested the day after the murders on suspicion of being involved in the killings, but he was never charged with them and was instead jailed on unrelated charges.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
i really dont know what to say other than this hurt me.i belive that those people that did this should be drug out into the street,beaten,shot,and fed to dogs
that was one hell of a thing to do to someone why did they kill a kid? hell better hold up to what we hear of it
REALLY!! Of all the things you couldn't be so heartless and feed the scum to the dogs. THEY might get sick with a disease or food poisoning ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts