Here are my toys!

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by shadowlands, Feb 24, 2016.

1. My Ruger LCP, Hi-Point JHP & Mossberg Maverick 88...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. desertrider

desertrider Member

Nice collection! I wish I had bought a JHP when they were available here.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Thats a nice start!
    Now you need a 4595ts carbine! Fun fun fun!!!

4. Thanks. Where are you located?

5. Ha, I wish! My wife will destroy me! It took years to finally obtain the JHP.

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

All most all my guns are black, that way my wife can't tell when I get a new one.

7. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

I dont buy guns anymore, my wife does. Every time I buy another, I tell her, "Guess what you bought today?" :D
    So now when she gets home, before I even open my mouth, she asks me what she bought today! :rofl:

8. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Nice collection. You definitely need to add the 4595 and possibly a med range rifle (SKS/AK/etc) and a long range (223/308/etc). The way I look at it I want them knowing what they are walking into before they get to the pistol/shotgun range. Assuming that oppty presents itself.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    LOL
    Tell her it's a prop for more pix :D

10. Nice... one day, I do want her to do a photo shoot for me, with my Shot Gun. That would be sexy.

11. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Way back I had my wife take photos of me in a dove field(sunflower background). I believe I was holding an old Mossberg 410 that was the first shotgun dad let me shoot and at the time I either had 2 or 3 labs so I had them sitting next to me individually.
    Sweet memory. Thanks for making me think of it and allowing me to share.

12. Maybe you could convince her- conduct a "Yes" or "No" poll on the forum ;)

13. histed

histed Supporting Member

Like we have to guess how THAT would turn out!?? More fodder for the "Mole Memorial" thread. :eek::rofl:

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You Mean "Let's BOUNCE!" ??? :D

I like the way you Think, DAWG!!!

15. desertrider

desertrider Member

I'm in California. We have a roster of handguns approved for sale in this state, however several manufacturers are not submitting models for necessary testing to meet compliance.

Hipoint only sells the C9 and CF380. The JHP45 and JCP40 are verboten here.

16. histed

histed Supporting Member

I already know this is a stoopid question, DR, but I gotta ask....WHY? Except for size, they're the same gun.

17. Because legislators ARE stupid. Elect-ability is not a sign of intelligence of the candidate OR the electorate.

Here in mASSachoo$hitz if the very same gun is produced with a different color, the manufacturer gives it a new model number/name and has to submit the gun for testing. Therefore all the Charter Arms .38s in lavender, gold, black, etc. are listed on the roster 'cause Charter submitted them. Not all manufacturers are willing to go to those lengths to sell their guns here.

18. desertrider

desertrider Member

Not a stupid question. In fact you're loaded with a lot more smarts than the elected officials in this state and especially the maroons who voted them in.

adam01364 hit the nail right on the head!

I don't know how specific the rule reads, but for sure if a model number is changed by the manufacturer to denote a difference, then the newly designated model number must be submitted for testing.

I have no idea how costly the testing is, but it must be expensive. I know Hipoint could make a mint selling their full line in California, it's not like they're gonna put the kibosh on sales for a mere two grand testing fee.

Maybe there's very specific wording in the contract that states heavy fines if the gun submitted for testing differs in any way from the original tested model? Let's say S&W decides to use a titanium nitride coated firing pin instead of a stainless steel firing pin in their M&P 9 and no other change? Would S&W now be in violation? BTW, I have no idea what FP's are in a S&W M&P 9.

Seems our legislators have figured out that if we won't willingly give up our guns, they'll find a way to attack the manufacturers to dissuade them from selling to us.:mad:

19. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

I've only a few more weapons I want to add. A S&W Model 19 (first weapon I ever carried as a rookie cop, and biggest mistake I made was selling it. That was the first time I hung up my six guns for good), and a .45 1911 (Like I carried in Iraq).

After that, I can die a happy man.

20. A few more shots of my babies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]