Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through other posts but couldn't find one about this. The closest I came was one requesting a version with a monte carlo type stock. Anyway, here's a (rather crude) mock up of what I'm talking about, using a pic of the new 995TS:

It'd look better with a collapsable M4 type buttstock. They could use the same mags, grip, receiver, etc. It WOULD require a redesign of their trigger group, though, and adding a mag well and release. It could be done though.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
What advantage would this have?
None, everyone is just so obsessed with looks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Familiarity. Those who are used to a more conventional configuration wouldn't have to shift their thought process/training with this style carbine. As for looks, yeah it's a bit more what folks are used to, but come on- if I were "obsessed with looks" I wouldn't own a freakin' Hi-Point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try looking at a Marlin Camp 9. It may be just what you're looking for.
Not for $600 or so!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just put a vertical fore grip on it and you will have the visual balance your looking for.
I've never really thought about it, but after reading your post I think you may be onto something. I think that something in my subconscious cries out for this balance- and may be why I never really liked the Kel-Tec or Hi-Point carbines. Hmmm... possibly I am "obsessed with looks"- my first thought when reading the "visual balance" comment was "Damn Right."

I need to think more about this...

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Saw this one posted on another forum which shows the foregrip. It also has a funky laser but you get the idea.

Picture is worth a thousand words.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Familiarity. Those who are used to a more conventional configuration wouldn't have to shift their thought process/training with this style carbine. As for looks, yeah it's a bit more what folks are used to, but come on- if I were "obsessed with looks" I wouldn't own a freakin' Hi-Point.
So I take it you own a Hi Point

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Just put a vertical fore grip on it and you will have the visual balance your looking for.
I've never really thought about it, but after reading your post I think you may be onto something. I think that something in my subconscious cries out for this balance- and may be why I never really liked the Kel-Tec or Hi-Point carbines. Hmmm... possibly I am "obsessed with looks"- my first thought when reading the "visual balance" comment was "Damn Right."

I need to think more about this...
And NOW you say you don't like em. Something doesn't jive here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Until about three weeks ago I had a CF-380. However, I needed a .22 (to teach the kids to shoot) so I traded it for one. I loved the pistol, but with the price of .380 ammo vs the price of .22 ammo I figured it was a no-brainer.

I've been thinking about getting a 995 but have held off because the stock and grip just feel too flimsy. I'm hoping to get my hands around a 995 TS soon- from what I've read (here) the new configuration doesn't feel like a toy.

So, you gonna keep calling me a liar?

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Until about three weeks ago I had a CF-380. However, I needed a .22 (to teach the kids to shoot) so I traded it for one. I loved the pistol, but with the price of .380 ammo vs the price of .22 ammo I figured it was a no-brainer.

I've been thinking about getting a 995 but have held off because the stock and grip just feel too flimsy. I'm hoping to get my hands around a 995 TS soon- from what I've read (here) the new configuration doesn't feel like a toy.

So, you gonna keep calling me a liar?
Since you put it that way, nope! But the carbines don't feel flimsy at all and handle nicely in whatever stock they are in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's cool. 8)

I guess we'll have to disagree re: the feel of the Classic stock. Maybe I'll call my LGS and see if they have any TS carbines in...

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
The factory stock is a bit flimsy IMO, the pistol grip wasn't bad to me, but the foregrip is a bit. You can fill it with foam and that helps stiffen it up, or you can just get a TS :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cosmetic upgrades are cool and all, but a conventional configuration is actually disadvantageous... shortening the barrel, and enlarging the profile.

If hi-point is gonna take their carbine and just change the position of the mag well, doesn't it make sense to do the opposite and make it a bullpup?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.