Heritage Rough Rider $130 on Classic Firearms

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tallbump, Jan 13, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Pretty good deal.

Heritage Rough Rider Revolver - .22 LR Caliber, 6.5' Blued with Wood Grips

https://www.classicfirearms.com/heritage-rough-rider-revolver6shotrr22b6?utm_source=Classic+Firearms&utm_campaign=f0627d4f42-MailChimp_2015-01-12_DelTonRuger&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_afe48e03d8-f0627d4f42-238422889

$129.99 and free shipping. Bud's is asking $165 right now. This is just the wood grips, and just the 22LR cylinder, but still a good deal.

If I could sell my JCP, I'd be grabbing one myself.

2. That is a good deal with free shipping. It's a fun shooter. I think Fin Feather locally wants $139.99.

3. tallbump

That's a good price. Hoping to check our Fin Feather this summer, as well as Woodbury.

But being from PA, it would be easier to get a rifle.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Why switch from a .40 to a .22 handgun?

5. tallbump

Just for cheap shooting. I have only shot the .40 once since March. I have around 2000 rounds of .22.

And, I can teach my daughter to shoot the Heritage

6. Becasue he has a C9 as a HD/SD gun. and the .40 collects dust, while a plinker could be fun and teach his daughter. Nothing to special about a polymer pistol that no one shoots.

Now a revolver that people learn, and play with? What your daughter grow and enhance a hobby? That is worth that JCP in a minute.

Also, Tall. The Rough riders just keep going up in price, two years ago they were $99 on sale $150 for both cylinders. so the inevitable couple years they will be $200.

7. Why is there always 2 good deals on guns at the same time and one can(should?) only buy one of them?

8. tallbump

What he said :D

Initially, I wanted the JCP becuase I wanted it. And I REALLY like, In fact, I like it more than my C9. But the C9 is more practical for self defense. I wanted the JCP to be my things go bump in the night gun. I like the rail for a flashlight or laser (which I don't have anyways) and the price. But the C9 will work just as well for night time intruders.

And the Rough Rider will get used.

9. SWAGA

Got it thanks.
    So what's the delay in selling it?

10. tallbump

Finding a buyer LOL. I had it on Armslist with no takers. I would even trade even up for Heritage too.

11. SWAGA

Have you tried trading for .22lr ammo?

12. tallbump

No, hadn't thoguht of that. I have roughly 2,000 rounds of .22. Although one can never have enough ammo, that's a pretty sufficient amount to last quite a while.

Although, I guess I could turn around and sell the .22 ammo to buy a firearm chambered in .22 LOL

13. Kiln

Kiln Member

I'd prefer a semi auto honestly. After all the revolvers I've seen with issues I'm a little biased. I've seen plenty of semi autos with problems too but autoloading pistols are easier to work on and require much less precise fitting if something has to be replaced.

14. tallbump

I prefer a semi for everyday use too, but the .22 revolver would be better for teaching my daughter to shoot

15. SWAGA

There's nothing quite as iconic as shooting a revolver.
    Even if it's just from a mechanical standpoint.
    Cock the hammer, watch the cylinder rotate, the click when it locks into place.....big 'ol smokey BOOM....and repeat......

[​IMG]

16. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

I have 2 semi-automatics with 2 extra magazines each. But for some reason, when I want to shoot, I generally pick up my 6 shot Rough Rider revolver. I enjoy shooting the revolver more than the semi-automatics even though I shoot far fewer shots because of the slow reloading. And when I want to shoot a rifle, I choose my little Henry lever action over my semi-automatic rifle and my bolt action rifle with extra magazines. I have never had any issues with any of them since I keep them dry and clean all the time in constant temperatures.

There is just something about a precision mechanical thing that you can see work and there is no mystery about it. I know exactly how the semi-automatics work but they work so fast, you can't really see it.

17. Kiln

Kiln Member

Hey don't get me wrong, I have 4-5 wheel guns myself, it just sucks working on them.

18. tallbump

Good to know about working on them. I haven't had any of my firearms (rifles or pistols) apart yet. Well, I have removed and reattached the barrel on my Mossberg 500, and have removed and reinserted the bolt on my MP 15-22. Oh, that's right, I also did a Joey's keychain on my C9

19. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Been thinking about getting one to complement my Goldenboy in terms of cowboy action guns

20. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Got Evil one great gun.