Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to buy one of these brand new in its box with all the accessories for $150. I have always wanted a fun little "cowboy gun" and i think this is the one. I wanted something that shot .22LR because its cheap...and usually easy to find.

What are your opinions of the gun? Any known problems?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
My pop owns one. I have shot it several times. It's great. Not a home defense gun per say. But fun & cheap to shoot. Plus you should get the 22Mag with it so it gains some additional practicality.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Heard nothing but good about these. For that price you should be getting the 22 mag cylinder aswell. They are on my toget list right now.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
That was the first hand gun I got for the wife. She still shoots it mote than any other firearm. We got the adjustable sight model. Here's a photo of her revolver and her BL-22.

Ron M.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Great lil gun. I've got 1 and love it. They are loads of fun to shoot, plenty accurate for plinking, ammo is inexpensive. Got mine with both the 22LR and 22Mag cylinders for about 150.00 last November. It goes everywhere with me. Sounds like you found one at a great price. I'd jump all over it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I love mine-- it sucks that it has no swing out cylinder, but that keeps it true (and cheaper)--- I always take mine out when we shoot-- I figure I run about $2-$2 through it and have more fun than the $200 I run through the rest of mine..

8*)

Basically, it is the best $149 I ever spent....

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the 4.75" rough rider. It is one of my favorite guns to shoot! 100% reliable....cheap ammo....can't beat it :D
I paid around $170 for mine (fixed sites)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had mine for two years. I use it on my trap line and it gets used in some pretty rough conditions. I shoot shorts. longs, and long rifle's in it as well as mag's in the mag cyl. I have shot it on nice warm days as well as -5 degree weather and have never had a problem.
A new Heritage for $150 I wouldn't hesitate for a minute....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I to am looking to buy one of these lil plinkers. Was woundering just how accurate they are?
I was thinking about the 43/4" modle just for easy packing. Local gun shop said it would be
$200 out the door. That is with both cylinders.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I shoot shotgun shells at 15 yards with mine....

·
Registered
850 Posts
This was my first gun. My dad bought it for me when I was 11 or 12 I think. I'm 22 now and it still shoots great. It's definitely worth the buy. Back then it was $89 with the two cylinders though. But still now for what it is that's still a great price. You won't regret it and it's really accurate.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Gotta add one of these to my ".22 want list". I'm also after a lever action .22 when/if I run across a good deal on one. :blink:

·
Registered
850 Posts
The lever action .22 is definitely on my list too. It's going to have to wait for a little bit though. Mosin is going to come first.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Keby,

I love lever guns also. The next 2 got to have guns on my list are are a Henry Golden Boy 22LR and the Hi-Point 45 carbine when it comes out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i got one last year and i like it so much i got a western holster rig for it , holds 50 rounds around the belt, just like the old west.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is on my "want" list too!

Last month a local dealer had them in stock and I didn't jump on it. :mad:

6" combo with holster and presentation box for $161.xx

D'oh

G

·
I need to take mine out again, but it sure was fun on the way home from the gun store :)

I love that I can use all the different weird types of .22 ammo in it, too 8)

What's especially funny is shooting a full, unopened, and very shaken can of soda with a shotshell - it doesn't rip it open but instead it punches lots of tiny holes that become a big fountain of soda :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought a very abused older model and after some paint and a good cleaning it goes everywhere I do. Best $100 bucks I've ever spent. It's not as smooth as my old Single Six but just as fun. Mike

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I just bought one yesterday. I have been thinking to pick one of this up for a while but never find a good deal. Finally found one with 22mag/lr combo plus wooden box for $170. A little upset for just 2 weeks ago someone was going to sell me one (combo) for the same price but with adjustable sight on it but I pass for short of fund. But anyway, for you my friend, $150 is a good deal just to think how many 22lr family pack you can shoot all day without breaking a bank. Or just for fun, pick up some 22 short, shot shell and go to town with it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts