Heritage Rough Rider for $140...should I?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by patriot2980, Feb 19, 2008.

1. I was at the gun shop on lunch today.
    I saw the Rough Rider in .22lr with 22mag conversion cylinder for $140 still in the box.
    What do you folks think? Should I or shouldn't I?

2. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I might jump on that. Would be a fun little gun to plink with. $140 isn't bad.

3. Jump on it! I have one, it's great. A couple of girls that went shooting with us wouldn't it up. I have put over 5000 rounds through mine with no problems.

4. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

Holy Crap! Jump all over that Heritage. For the price it's a steal. At that price you often just get the 4" bar, and only one cylinder. If you're getting both cylinders and new in box for $140 JUMP ON IT MAN!

I just bought one not too long ago myself, and it's an awesome little single action. I love it :) Put several hundred rounds through it the other day, and with fixed sites I was shocked how accurate the little booger was.

BUY IT!

Squeak

5. Ari

Ari Guest

That is about they go for here... But they are a fun gun worth having....

6. Thanks for the info guys, I bought it when I got off works this evening.
    She's a babydoll and i too was surprised at how accurate she was with fixed sights.
    I'll post pics ASAP.

7. I was going to say jump on it, but I see you did already. Now I'll say congrats. I love mine. It is pretty accurate.

8. I think Im going to thoroughly enjoy this gun!
    I think some plinking this evening after work is in order. :D

9. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

It's very enjoyable to shoot. I was surprised with the recoil :) My 2 buddies (who were out shooting with me for the day) didn't expect it to have any recoil at all, yet there was a little rise in the barrel per shot.

Plus it is very affordable to shoot. I'm still working on a 550 round .22LR value pack I bought at WalMart for around $12.00

Squeak

10. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Where are the pics?

11. Hang in there Home Slice, I've got to get access to a digital camera.
    I have to use my peep's Sony digital and he's not been home in a few days.

12. Well, if someone posts the Gunny, you can't say you weren't warned.... :wink:

13. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

I'd love to post pics of my Heritage, but I don't know how to do it on this site. I've got a decent digital camera too.

14. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=450
    This is located at the top of about every thread on the forum, It's titled "How to post Pictures on Hi-Point Firearms Forum" It's right up there with the "Code of Conduct / Terms of use", you know, the place nobody looks! LOL :lol:

15. They're no Ruger Single-Six, but for $140.00 they ain't bad. I'd buy one at that price and I'm a Ruger "snob." :wink: The last one I saw around here was $199.00 and it was used. :shock:

Congratulations, and have fun with it.

16. freedom

freedom Member

Don't it just get you right there when some one asks "Should I get this" or "Is this a good buy for the price" and they don't post a picture of that bad beast.

Many of there guns I and probably others have no idea what they are and it would be nice to have a picture of the gun as a point of reference.

17. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

PICS!!!!!!!!

and enjoy it!

18. Like I said in the above post, when i get access to my friends camera, there will be pictures.

19. Ok lads, just so the Gunny doesnt come pay me a visit,
    I bought my own digital camera so i can post pics and not have to borrow my friends.
    so without further ado, here's my Heritage Rough Rider Single Action
    22LR/22Mag Revolver:
    [​IMG]

20. looks sweet man, bout damn time you posted pix of it.