Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is great a site that allows us working guy's to have a voice. Not that the other mfgrs have over priced weapons, it's just that i am trying to find a price point value that allows me to be able to enjoy my constitutional rights and not become a victim of price over reach. now with that being said i was told by a dealer that the high point fire arms are only good for self defense and after 200 rounds they are suspect in structural integrity. but i read that every one who owns one is using them repeatedly and are satisfied. please comment and what is the best round .40 s&w or .45cp considering this is a blow back action?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots to see and learn from the nice folks here.

I have the C9 and the JHP45. The C9 has 100 rounds through it, the JHP has 200 through it. Neither appear to be any worse for the experience. I'd cast a jaundice eye on the dealer that said structural integrity was an issue. I believe his profit margin was more of the issue? Some members have put many hundred of rounds through their Hi-Points with no problems. Heck, it takes about 1-200 rounds to loosen them up. I prefer the 45ACP round.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am new here also but I know that no business could offer a LIFETIME guarantee on any gun that was going to start falling apart after only 200 rounds. They would be broke before you know it. Tell me who is in this country is confident enough to offer a lifetime guarantee on anything that they build anymore? I can think of one!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply! yeah i did kind of stare at him and wondered why are you selling a product you have very little faith in :devilsidesmile: so to the round issue .45acp do you prefer due to blow back efficiency or for performance of impact?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I know that no business could offer a LIFETIME guarantee on any gun that was going to start falling apart after only 200 rounds. They would be broke before you know it. Tell me who is in this country is confident enough to offer a lifetime guarantee on anything that they build anymore? I can think of one!
+1
The dealers just want you to buy there overpriced Kimbers and Glocks, not that they are bad weapons just not very affordable for the masses

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
thanks for the reply! yeah i did kind of stare at him and wondered why are you selling a product you have very little faith in :devilsidesmile: so to the round issue .45acp do you prefer due to blow back efficiency or for performance of impact?
\

Both work fine for a blowback design but I do perfer the .45 performance of impact

Jet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes .45acp that would seem correct but does the blow back action favor the higher velocity and why does the steel round jam, just asking,i am buying one, im' just a techno anal type of person, like to know all the aspects ^-^

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
yes .45acp that would seem correct but does the blow back action favor the higher velocity and why does the steel round jam, just asking,i am buying one, im' just a techno anal type of person, like to know all the aspects ^-^
I believe it has to do with how a steel case expandeds versus a brass Case, a steel case expands more then a brass case thus more force is needed during ejection cycle this causes the slide to lose momentum and creates the jam. now I'm no expert and I could be wrong but I do believe this is correct

Jet

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The 45 for the big ole boom! And a 1/2 inch hole would slow an adversary down pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have over 2000 rounds through my C9 and it's working just as well as new..... You do have to break them in before using for SD as any gun!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
ir4cool,

I can't speak for the HP 40 as I do not own one I do however own the HP.45, as far as recoil yes the .45 has it but do to the mass of the slide most of that is not felt I have small hands and of small build but I have no trouble putting 200 rounds through it with no trouble, I would have to think it would be the same for the .40, perhaps we can get input from a member with a .40

Jet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes, i agree. Just trying to get it straight. I have a .17 HMR, great tack driver, but i also have a .270 4x4 Mossbreg drop mule weapon! but its not a self defense type of firearm. I am feeling that the HighPoint is my next weapon! What you guy's have stated has given me the confidence in it's ability to hold it's own, that's what i was looking for!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts