Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a while and had to jump in only have 1 with a problem the 40 pistol dont seem to feed right so I am taking your advice but I have a question my mag is not going all the way in it locks in but it is about a 1/4 in. gap at the grip I held the mag up tight and it made things worse so I have the mag loaded and setting I have put around 150 rounds through it with around fifty good feeds but I was doing everything wrong like ammo winchester,hp , full mag, not smacking the mag ect. I know this will be a good gun I have a 380,c9and a 995 all work fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Check out some of the troubleshooting stickies around man, it's probably just a little bit of a tweak needed to the mag lips to get it to seat right, then you're good to go, I'd assume.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
There shouldn't be that much of a gap between the grip & mag. Are you sure that the bottom of the mag is seated all the way onto the body of the magazine?
I would check that out, maybe get a measurement from somebody else with a .40 & compare from tip of mag to top of base.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for got to mention I got this 40 s/w hi point for 25 bucks because it was not feeding ammo right

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
25 Bucks!?!?!? That's awesome!!!!! (and it still has a LIFETIME WARRANTY!)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome:

Thats a great deal you got there congrat!!!!!!!

Lots to see, do and learn around here and plenty of folks to answear all your hipoint questions. Enjoy :rolleyes2: :yes: :thinking:
But remember

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Jet

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jet I know about the addiction I also have 380, c9,995 and now the 40

·
Registered
258 Posts
:welcome:
My .40 has about a 3/16" gap at the back with a full mag. The gap at the front is less than 1/16". Haven't had any problems with this gun other than it eats more ammo than I can afford.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks AngieLn439 I will check it again it is still setting with a full loaded mag to see if that helps

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mine is 1/8 front 3/16 hear and round is nose down first round I gave the mag the smack down before I put it in and stopped there for advice still have to mess with the top of the mag

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I talked to the guy at Iberia Firearms where you call about 40 cal. hand gun he said it was one of the first ones and I should buy another mag and try it this is the old style mag. will the new mag style work?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is yours a JC40 or JCP40? Mines a JCP and the magazine has an orange plastic follower.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep JCP /Orange... bout ready to part with it... even as I push the rounds out of the mag with my thumb they nose dive

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok done a little mag tweeking and it has helped a bunch only the first of 10 was nose up this time all the rest fed so thanks guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts