Hi Cap Mag Idea

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by bermuda8, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bermuda8

bermuda8 Guest

This has probably been mentioned before but can't you just take say 4 factory mags ancut them and weld them togetther along with the springs for a hi cap mag?

Just a thought.

2. Ridge

Ridge Member

Biggest issue with something like that would be that the springs would not be strong enough to push the rounds into the chamber once you start getting down to the last half dozen or so...

3. ^ see above for doing it with 4 mags.

Someone here did it with 2 mags and was able to get reliable feeding of 20 rounds.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Yep you are right.. It is a long talked about topic. :lol:

5. Personally I think this is a subject that should be talked about every time someone comes up with a new idea or a refinement to an older idea

Sooner or later someone will come up with a good one that works and will start selling them to members like the triggers and bolt handles are

6. bermuda8

bermuda8 Guest

I'm thinking about trying it myself but its a 34 dollar experiment for 2 mags :roll:

7. It'd be a bit unwieldy with two single stack mags sticking out, wouldn't it? And you're just doubling the capacity. Is it worth all the time, trouble and money just to save the time to swap out one mag?

8. I would love to see the drum idea worked on some more. It seems like the most increase in firepower.

9. AGuyNamedMike

AGuyNamedMike Lifetime Supporter

Internally it's very simple: smooth curves, a small follower, and a looooooong spring.

[​IMG]

10. Man I would love to have one of those for my P08, but at that price I can see it is never gonna happen :cry:

11. pjm204

pjm204 Member

I am going to try welding a sten mag to the bottom of a mag...obviously the sten mag is double stack and the HP mag is single, so I will have to taper the sten mag into the HP. I will also need dummy rounds. I would like to get a suomi or ppsh drum to work also. We shall see....