Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

How much would you pay for a reliable, 30-round magazine for your HP carbine?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Powered by air
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can understand there exist certain political reasons why HP might want to avoid hi-cap magazines for their pistols. Their carbines, on the other hand, are begging for hi-cap mag fun. I bet quality hi-cap magazines for their carbines would sell like crazy; no drums required. Imagine something like 20-30 round clips with reliable feed at $25 per mag would be very well received indeed.

·
Powered by air
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really not helpful in the least. And the rapid animation is annoying beyond belief.

As far as I know, no one has asked HP for carbine-only, hi-cap mags nor offered they are willing to pay a specific price. Showing interest and a viable market goes a long way to initiate manufacturer interest.

MOD NOTE- edited for language. SW

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
jesus-tap-dancing-christ not again.........

Hi point has no plans at this point to market a hi cap mag for any of thier products. STOP ASKING! they arent going to do it, PERIOD!

SW

·
Powered by air
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll dare ask. Have they actually said it won't happen at any price point? If they have (sorry, I've never heard, seen, read) then please delete the thread. If not, then the above replies are completely inappropriate.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Cant you read english? they said NO WAY are they making a hi cap mag. money never entered the conversation.
you could also read the hi cpa mag sticky or any of the ten or twenty threads that have already been started on this subject. search is your freind.

SW

·
Powered by air
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look, I'm not trying to be a smart arse but I'm actually following the advice of YOUR own post. It would seem, not only can I read english, but I read your own statement in the hi-cap stickied thread. In other words, I'm an idiot for making time to do exactly what you asked. Nice.

Actually, Hi-Point has contracted different R&D companies to fabricate the largest capacity round magazine that they can get to reliably work. If they can get 15 rounds to work, that's what they'll go with. If all they can get to reliably work is 12 rounds, then 12 it is. This is for all the pistols and carbines. Hi-Point mags are getting a complete overhaul. Alot of this has to do with our voice on the forum requesting higher capacity mags. You guys may not realize it, but employees at MKS and Beemiller cruise this forum for suggestions and ideas on how to make their weapons better.

This information is straight from Charlie and Kelly who both work for MKS Supply. I was given this information when Elguapo and I were at the Shot Show.

-posted by Primal in another thread. thought id post it here for reference.

SW

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is likely that the hipoint magazines were designed so that it is very difficult to make an extended magazine that works. I did read something of adopting a drum design which could work. I do not know if it was sucessful or not.

I am quite happy with the current 10 rounds since I understood that limitation when I bought it. I have an M1 carbine and an AK for when I want high capacity.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think that HP doesn't want a clip that holds more than 10 shells because all the proposed assault bans base the clip limits to 10 rounds.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
It seems to me that if 70% of those polled would be willing to spend as much as a Glock 30+round mag then the question itself is legitimate. I'd love to have a mag that would hold more than 10. I do have the 15 round mag and haven't had any problems with it. I've toyed with buying a kel-tec sub 2000 just because I can use my Glock mags with it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Look, I'm not trying to be a smart arse but I'm actually following the advice of YOUR own post. It would seem, not only can I read english, but I read your own statement in the hi-cap stickied thread. In other words, I'm an idiot for making time to do exactly what you asked. Nice.

Actually, Hi-Point has contracted different R&D companies to fabricate the largest capacity round magazine that they can get to reliably work. If they can get 15 rounds to work, that's what they'll go with. If all they can get to reliably work is 12 rounds, then 12 it is. This is for all the pistols and carbines. Hi-Point mags are getting a complete overhaul. Alot of this has to do with our voice on the forum requesting higher capacity mags. You guys may not realize it, but employees at MKS and Beemiller cruise this forum for suggestions and ideas on how to make their weapons better.

This information is straight from Charlie and Kelly who both work for MKS Supply. I was given this information when Elguapo and I were at the Shot Show.

-posted by Primal in another thread. thought id post it here for reference.

SW
No reply to this one?
Because I'd kinda like to hear SW say something like "Sorry" because, even though I like ya- in this thread- to this guy- you are jerk.

I started a thread recently about holsters and I'm sure it wasn't the first one- probably more like the 30th one and I received no harsh replies as did this thread.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
im not going to apologize for what i have been told and my opinion of it. if you dont like my opinion thats fine but you dont need to call names. typical noob behavior once again.

and holsters are a different animal from a hi cap mag. you cant compare the two.

SW

1 - 20 of 49 Posts