Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I love hi-points c-9 but I also love my 995 but my only problem is that when I go to drop the mag it seems to stick and I also with we could get a bigger capacity not much more just 15 because always change the mag really sucks when your doing a run and gun and i wont use a promag because I was told by my gun dealer if you use promag it will void the warranty..Go HI-Point

· Expert in Superfluities
1,114 Posts
It seems like Hi-Point would want customers to buy a HP factory hi cap mag. All Carbines should have an aftermarket Hi-Point high capacity magazine available. 15 to 20 rounds. COME ON HI-POINT!!!!

39 Posts
ProMag

Emailed ProMag about problems with 15 round magazine and received this response.

The follower on that magazine was revised when Hi-point added the LRBHO feature to the new 995TS carbines. If you return the magazine to us we will exchange it for the new style follower / magazine we produce.

I sent my magazine to them (total cost $9.54 for postage, mailer, and insurance) with this reply;

As per your instructions (See Attached), enclosed is promag for Hi-Point 995ts carbine. The rear of the follower is being hit by the breech bolt and the front of the follower is not activating the hold open pin.
I currently enjoy other promag magazines for my Bersa Thunder 380 and hope to have a similar experience with these.

Thank You
Joe

P.S. I do appreciate your action in replacing the magazine however; I do not appreciate the added expense of shipping the magazine to you. You might consider putting together a small kit that can be sent to individuals so they could modify magazine in hand, send prepaid shipping packaging, or at least recall from stores those that need to be exchanged. Thanks!

I will let everyone know how the new magazine work when received.

· Registered
3 Posts
has anyone looked into replacing the promag follower with a follower from a highpoint mag?

can't catch location on the promag clip be checked with a caliper?

I'm getting ready to pick up a carbine in either 9mm or .45 for home defense.
I would rather have 15 rounds in it rather than training my wife to do quick clip changes.

I'd really like to know if the modified 1911 15 round .45 clips are reliable.

10 rounds reliably is better than 15 and the possibility of a jam after the 1st

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi cap mags for Hi-Point carbine............

Problem solved !!!! I bought ten 10 round mags,superglued the base of the mags togeather times 5 and popped off 101 rounds in less then 3min,s so stop tryin to beat the system and wasting your time here when you can be blasting away at the range lol.........:thankyou:

· Premium Member
29 Posts
when I bought my rifle, it came with 3 mags. two of them were glued together. I didn't like the way they looked, so I un-glued them. just my personal preference, didn't want it to look any uglier than it already its. good idea though..

· Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I love hi-points c-9 but I also love my 995 but my only problem is that when I go to drop the mag it seems to stick and I also with we could get a bigger capacity not much more just 15 because always change the mag really sucks when your doing a run and gun and i wont use a promag because I was told by my gun dealer if you use promag it will void the warranty..Go HI-Point
I didn't know this was possible with their 'no questions asked' warranty.

· Premium Member
822 Posts
It is'nt. his local LGS was misinformed, I dont think anything will void a Hi Point warranty, I have seen where people have sent in chopped up and heavily modified firearms and got them back no questions asked, only thing is sometimes they have been brought back to factory so be aware and remove anything you want to keep if you send a heavily modded one in to mom.

· Registered
5 Posts
:gunman:
About two weeks ago I bought a Promag 15 shot clip for my 995 because the owner of the gunshop told me that these were new ones that would not jam. I took it home to try it only to find out that the Mag would not catch. I took it back to the gun shop with the mag. The shop owner, who sells Hi Points and I assumed was an expert, gave the mag a good palm to get it in. After that mag was catching fine.

I then took the gun home to try out the mag only to find out that the gun was jamming. Something weird was happening in that the bullet seemed to get stock to the firing pin. As I pull the trigger a hear a click but no bang. The bullet was stuck in the chamber in front of the firing pin in what seemed like they two were fussed bother. It took a great deal of effort to separate the two and free the bullet. This happened several times. I only got on bullet to fire out of 20 tries and that was followed by another jam.

Obviously the gun now needs to go back to Hi Point... but does anyone have any ideas on how forcing the magazine in would result in this situation? I don't think the magazine comes up high enough to effect the firing pin. I am pretty sure the Pro-Mag magazine cause this jam because I have never even had a jam with the 995 before. Has anyone ever had a similar experience with a ProMag? I wish I never bought that magazine.
Had the same problem with the promag 15 rd not saeting in my TS but after I pulled the sleeve off it would click and seat so did a little carving with pocket knife and sanding (took about 15 minutes) and it fits in perfectly,clicks rightr in place now superglued sleeve all the way down and cycled the weapon through the clip without any problems ,after the feed lip adjustment of course
Try this and see what happens

· Premium Member
188 Posts
Ok, got some mil spec 1911 mags, did the mod, aaaand had nothing but problems with them. One wouldn't feed right, the other just plain fell out while shooting! I give up on them, and plan to scrap them and buy factory JHP mags only.

· Registered
22 Posts
Bought Promag 15 rd mags. Adjusted the feed lips. Bent them ouward slightly (very!) and kept fussing with them until I acheived Nirvana. Everything works great. Oh forgot to say 4095 is my rifle and I am somewhat of a gunsmith. Also polished inside of feed lips with 1200 grit emeroy cloth and finally with jeweler's rouge.

· Premium Member
37,544 Posts
I see I am not the only one who thought on that. :D
It's been thought on a lot over the years, and hasn't been worked out yet.

Probably because you'd have to weld/braze/attach some thin metal at a stress point, as well as shape the double stack to match the single stack part, and then design a two piece follower to allow for feeding of the last 8-9 rounds.

It just isn't practical, unless you get a communist Russian factory doing the work.;)

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.