Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the hots for a 22LR hi capacity rifle.

Anybody got any suggestions. I looked at the keltec su22 and it looks pretty sweet. Hopefully something around $350 or less but would entertain some a little more expensive.

thx in advance.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
My Ruger 10/22 will eat any ammo you throw at it. It has been very reliable and very accurate. You can't go wrong with the ruger 10/22!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Ruger 10/22 + Butler Creek steel lip magazines. 10/22 cost me $205 tax and all, mags are $25 each around here, so you can get quite a bit for $350.
My Ruger 10/22 will eat any ammo you throw at it. It has been very reliable and very accurate. You can't go wrong with the ruger 10/22!!!!
Those two posts pretty much give you all the information you need. The 10/22 is the standard others are measured by, aftermarket parts are almost endless, and you can mod it to fit any personal preference you may have. Listen to the 'steel lips' mag advice too. Stay away from cheap magazines.

G

·
Not nearly as much after market stuff for mine, but I have a Rem 597 that you can buy 30 round mags for. It's never given me any problems through thousands of rounds all for about 150 bucks NIB. ;-)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I recently picked up my GSG-5 and ordered (2) 22-round magazines in addition to the 10-rounder the rifle came with. It's probably more than you want to spend on a package, but it's definitely a very cool option.

I agree that a 10/22 is probably your very best bet. Even though I own (3) hi-cap .22's, I'm still entertaining the thought of picking this puppy up someday.

·
Registered
163 Posts
plus you can do fun stuff like this with them:

SW
That's great! I love how everyone in the comments start screaming that it's illegal to do that. HAND CRANKS ARE NOT ILLEGAL!!!

Have to admit, it would make you a pretty lame gang-banger. Having to put your gun on a bipod so you could hand crank through your drive-by shootings!

·
Registered
296 Posts
plus you can do fun stuff like this with them:

SW
That's great! I love how everyone in the comments start screaming that it's illegal to do that. HAND CRANKS ARE NOT ILLEGAL!!!

Have to admit, it would make you a pretty lame gang-banger. Having to put your gun on a bipod so you could hand crank through your drive-by shootings!
I'm still waiting for someone to put a small electric motor on a crank. Really spin thru the rounds.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
If I EVER get out of the financial mess I'm in right now, I've got my eye on a 10/22 and the BULLPUP kit :devilsidesmile: Now THAT looks like a fun gun!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My vote goes with the Ruger 10/22 and hi-cap Butler Creek Steel Lips or Hot Lips mags. I have not found a .22lr high velocity round that my 10/22 wont function with for plinking pit fun shooting. When I want accurate shooting I tend to go with CCI Mini-Mags or Remington Game Load or Remington Cyclone ammo.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
If your gonna get a 10/22 and a bullpup PLEASE spend the extra money and get the dixie consolidated one, I have owned a muzzelite bullpup and hated it it's cheap crap and almost everyone i have talked to (www.rimfirecentral.com) hated theirs. I sold mine at a loss and so did a few others and even the 25 rounders wont work in them without cutting into the already flimsy grip. :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts