Hi-Point 380 Comp (any interest?)

Discussion in 'Hi-Points For Sale' started by satellite, Sep 13, 2011.

1. satellite

satellite Well-Known Member

Looking to sell cause I need some extra funds. FUN gun to shoot. Comp barrel + big heavy Hi-Point slide = VERY little recoil. Shoots great, a little high last time I shot it, but didn't have time to adjust the sights. Comes with standard 8-round and an extra 10-round magazine. Excellent condition, I've only shot maybe 50 or so rounds through it.

$200 SHIPPED to your FFL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Hey, forgive my stupidity, but what is that thing on the end of the barrel? I've seen that on some of the other guns as well!

3. That's a compensator. Sort of the pistol version of a muzzle brake. I've never had one, but it's an option for the C9 as well. Supposed to tame the vicious recoil of 9mm and .380 ACP. :D

4. satellite

Yep...haha...makes it basically feel like a heavy 22 lr cartridge. The basic concept (someone stop me if I'm wrong) is that all the energy at the end of the barrel is redirected to the sides instead of straight out...helps with muzzle rise. Honestly, there isn't that much to begin with on these guns so it makes it a lot of fun to shoot.

5. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping me! Yea...that hard core recoil from these guns is enough to break your arm! :p Good thing some of them have compensators!

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Staff Member

Exceedingly tempting. How would you accept payment?

7. satellite

I would prefer certified check or USPS money order...but I'm flexible with other options as well. Feel free to PM me if those two above don't work for you.

8. Flyboy

Flyboy Staff Member

Sent you a PM.

9. william lux

william lux Active Member

10. satellite

Emailed you.

11. satellite

12. satellite

13. satellite

Still for sale...had a few interested, but no takers.

14. 60ratrod

60ratrod STFU CARL! Member

lemme talk to the jefe. i'll pm if she gives the ok

15. satellite

Sounds good, let me know.

16. still available

If it is I am very interested!

17. Doug

Doug That's how you get ants! Member

Sent you a PM

18. satellite

19. Am I missing something?? The suggested retail for a new one is only $140.00. Why would someone pay $200 for a used one with an un-needed compensator?

20. satellite

You can't buy the comp models any more. Hi-Point isn't making them. Heck, it's hard to find the regular .380 some places. The barrel is actually slightly longer that the normal .380, so yeah, it depends on if you think that's needed or not. It's definitely more of a "fun" gun in my opinion, but the new owner may use it for whatever he likes... :)