Hi Point 380 used in shootings at Northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hitmanharleyk, Feb 15, 2008.

1. griff30

griff30 Member

They first mentioned only Glock when I heard it.
    They blame every manufacturer, it's what viewers want to hear.

2. I've heard a lot about Hi-points are the preffered firearm of thuggs. But its also the prefferd firearm of law abiding citizens like US.

Granted this article didnt single out Hi-point nor did it blame the shooting on manufacturer but other articles do.

3. The "thugs choose hi points" in attempt to disparage Hi points has no ground. Really - thugs may be stupid in many ways - but there's a lot to be said about the street-wise culture. They're not buying crap - crap doesn't help in a bad scene. No thug is planning on buying something that is questionable operationally or performance-wise.

If anything - the popularity with the thugs attest to the gun's performance, reliability, and price. sure, they might need a throwaway, but they also know the risk of the life or death situations of the world they live in. Like I said - they're not buying something that isn't a solid performer.

If glocks were cheap, I bet that would be the tool of choice for thugs.

4. Right but so many "experts" associate hi-point with them. But you said it your self it has no ground.

5. perry23117

perry23117 Guest

i heard the main reason thugs buy them is for the price my dad wich is a detective in princewillam co said almost 8 out of 10 gun crimes that happen their a hipoint pistol was used or found close by again though he aslo states that almost 4 out of 10 self defence cases a hi point is used where he works.

6. I have deleted my original post so that there will be no distress, distractions or other infringments on the enjoyment of the forum by our members.

The post was meant to be taken as dark humor but was obviously misunderstood by a very few individuals.

The avatar also seems misunderstood but will stay as I am entitled to my opinions as much as anyone else is to theirs. BTW, It is just an avatar and is not real.

The post has been modified by me in hopes of a pleasant continuity and cohesion between all forum members.

I will not make it a practice to pander to the mis-understandings of a few but will end this particular discussion with this:

I am willing to let the current mis-understandings rest and I apologize sincerely for any disruption of the forum.
    I am not sorry for the post itself, only for any problems it may have caused. My replies to certain members were uncalled for and if all parties involved are agreeable then mods please feel free to delete all the relevant posts.

7. .45, you just turned

8. Dear Mr. Hitmanharleyk

Sir
    Please allow me to apologize profusely if I have offended your tender sensibilities and allow me to explain my post.

My way of dealing with anger at something that irritates me such as blaming Hi-Points fine array of firearms for situations that are the results of the actions of unstable individuals is to respond with sarcasm.
    I personally feel that sarcasm will lighten the mood rather than incite further anger.

The post that I made was not an affront to Hi-Point Firearms or to any other poster but rather a means to express my anger in a sarcastic (and hopefully funny) way.
    We all speak and write a bit differently and this can result in misunderstandings.

Please rest assured that I will not respond with name calling. Though I do have a sarcastic sense of humor I do maintain or at least try to maintain some sense of decorum.

Sincerely,
    .45acp

Edited to remove the misspelled cuss word next to my signature.

9. thats what it looked like to me.... :wink:

10. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

Misspelled cuss words to avoid the word censor is a violation of HPFF's code of conduct, I'M sure you can converse your feelings without the use of them.

Name calling is another violation.

If you have a disagreement address it like adults.

Thank you
    Glockman
    HPFF Admin.

11. perry23117

perry23117 Guest

im glad to see you support gun controll this is also coming from the person thats going to shoot a kitten with a .45 cal in their house real smart must of took all day to figure out those equations as well funny one though real funny

12. Thank You Perry!
    I am enthralled that you can understand the humor of the avatar and the post itself as well as the complexities of the "equations".

It has been a pleasure communicating with you sir. :D

13. This also replaces my original post.

I have deleted my original post so that there will be no distress, distractions or other infringments on the enjoyment of the forum by our members.

The post was meant to be taken as dark humor but was obviously misunderstood by a very few individuals.

The avatar also seems misunderstood but will stay as I am entitled to my opinions as much as anyone else is to theirs. BTW, It is just an avatar and is not real.

The post has been modified by me in hopes of a pleasant continuity and cohesion between all forum members.

I will not make it a practice to pander to the mis-understandings of a few but will end this particular discussion with this:

I am willing to let the current mis-understandings rest and I apologize sincerely for any disruption of the forum.
    I am not sorry for the post itself, only for any problems it may have caused. My replies to certain members were uncalled for and if all parties involved are agreeable then mods please feel free to delete all the relevant posts.

14. >>.45 acp, good man.

15. perry23117

perry23117 Guest

i thank you i to could add an apolgy but i think im willing to let this rest as well

16. We all have a bad day now and then.