Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum so I searched the questions section and the Internet for this but have yet to be able to really find anything that pertains or fits.
I am a hefty 5'4" female and want to purchase a chest holster for my hi point 40. I do not want the shoulder holster, have one already. Has anyone found one that works for the 40 and is secure for bending over amd moving constantly. I look forward to replies rom those that may have found one that seems to work very well for a chest holster. Thank you for your replies.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
When you say chest holster.... youre drawin the gun from the middle? Or approximately in that area? Would it be below your breasts, above your belly, or over them? Thats going to be difficult... I have seen "belly band" elastic holsters that may work but they require drawing vertically for the most part...

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ! ! !

If you go to a smaller, lighter gun, then maybe this.

Plus, there's the distraction factor.:blush:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome Dmr3073! :)

Here's another site aimed at (pun intended :D) women shooter's (though there's a lot that pertains to anyone ;) ) http://www.corneredcat.com .

I've seen a pattern for a leather holster similar to the first one moona11 listed, it's for a large revolver, but you could modify it. It probably won't be very concealable. If you're interested, I'll see if I can find/remember the link.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
I am new to the forum so I searched the questions section and the Internet for this but have yet to be able to really find anything that pertains or fits.
I am a hefty 5'4" female and want to purchase a chest holster for my hi point 40. I do not want the shoulder holster, have one already. Has anyone found one that works for the 40 and is secure for bending over amd moving constantly. I look forward to replies rom those that may have found one that seems to work very well for a chest holster. Thank you for your replies.
The only chest rigs I have seen are like horizontal draw MOLLE holsters for tactical vests. Behold:

Unless you want something more like this:

:welcome:dmr3073!!!

Hope you find something suitable! :cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Checked my patterns, I don't have a copy (darn it :(), but here's a link to a place that sells it - http://www.doublekleather.com/index...terns/gun-leather/shoulder-holster-pat-detail Brazos Jack shoulder holster $12.95. (Picture shows Brazos Jack wearing the holster.) His patterns and directions are excellent.

I re-read your post, and noticed you said buy though, not make. Making would be cheaper, but not if you have to buy the tools. I make mine, but it's a hobby, and can get expensive.

The lower one in Mole's post looks nice. I've been thinking about making one like that for myself, it would make a good holster for a vehicle.

There's also a Doc Holliday rig, kind of a cross between a chest rig and suspenders, but it looks like it would only be good for cardsharps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you for your comments, and just in reply to those, no I am not looking to for shoulder holster setup or on the side, im look for an actual chest holster, it's not going to really matter how it sets on my chest, as the research I've been doing and those I've personally seen others have worked for there pistols it just sits in middle of chest, keeps my hands free while on wheeler or walking in woods or having on me while I'm in the blind or stand. And to the other one, I have no intention of changing my weapon to suit my holster wearing. I want several options for what I feel that day. I already have conceal holsters, and have ordered leg/thigh holster and have many others, but I do not want to have to tuck in my shirts or wear a belt (that is why I do not like my shoulder holster). When the weathers cold I want to be able to put it over a sweatshirt or jacket.
And unfortunately I am unable to make my own. I just need to know if anyone had, or has one that they are already familiar with that does fit the hi point 40 and will fit snug and comfortable so as its not flapping around on my chest or if Im bending over, as we do a lot of clearing and working outside and it is just uncomfortable if you have a holster that does that or rubs wrong. Again ty to those that did reply with some possible options, it's greatly appreciated and look forward to possibly more or to anyone who may actually already have one..and no I am not interested in the belly band holsters either. Thank you all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only chest rigs I have seen are like horizontal draw MOLLE holsters for tactical vests. Behold:

Unless you want something more like this:

:welcome:dmr3073!!!

Hope you find something suitable! :cool:
Yes more like the one below is what I'm looking for, leather or nylon is fine, just finding one for the hi points are very hard to come by, especially in leather..thank you

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Little pricey but have you thought of the Kit Bag/Runners Kit Bag from Hill People Gear? I am aware youre not really looking for concealed but it fits large pistols and fits right in middle of chest and is meant to stay secure when running, bending, moving, etc. Otherwise a custom harness rig similar to the Blackhawk and the leather thing from a gearmaker would be the only option... I make gear but currently I am not making holsters. A Mini Chest Rig with a MOLLE Universal Holster maybe option? The .45 Hi Point fits a MOLLE Double M4 pouch, the ones with the elastic band and velcro flap; a .40 Hi Point should be able to fit same size pouch. Another option is a custom cheat rig that will fit a kydex holster inside the back pocket; like the SOE Gear 12ga micro rig
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/soe-gear-12ga-micro-rig/ I know there are Kydex holsters for the Hi Point being made by someone.

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
A Glock 22, or 23 keeping in the .40S&W realm would be much lighter. I love my JHP. Seldom carry it.

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts
. Again ty to those that did reply with some possible options, it's greatly appreciated and look forward to possibly more or to anyone who may actually already have one..and no I am not interested in the belly band holsters either. Thank you all
That Blackhawk rig I linked you to will handle what you want it to do. My buddy has one for hunting and I borrowed it for my G20. It also holds his C9.

I'm not even going to speculate on the dimensions of a hefty 5'4" female but it works for this 6'3" 265 lb barrel chested male, and for the 5'9" 280 lb gut heavy male I borrowed it from.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Little pricey but have you thought of the Kit Bag/Runners Kit Bag from Hill People Gear? I am aware youre not really looking for concealed but it fits large pistols and fits right in middle of chest and is meant to stay secure when running, bending, moving, etc. Otherwise a custom harness rig similar to the Blackhawk and the leather thing from a gearmaker would be the only option... I make gear but currently I am not making holsters. A Mini Chest Rig with a MOLLE Universal Holster maybe option? The .45 Hi Point fits a MOLLE Double M4 pouch, the ones with the elastic band and velcro flap; a .40 Hi Point should be able to fit same size pouch. Another option is a custom cheat rig that will fit a kydex holster inside the back pocket; like the SOE Gear 12ga micro rig
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/soe-gear-12ga-micro-rig/ I know there are Kydex holsters for the Hi Point being made by someone.
Thank you I actually did look at those rigs for when running and am considering one of those as well..thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That Blackhawk rig I linked you to will handle what you want it to do. My buddy has one for hunting and I borrowed it for my G20. It also holds his C9.

I'm not even going to speculate on the dimensions of a hefty 5'4" female but it works for this 6'3" 265 lb barrel chested male, and for the 5'9" 280 lb gut heavy male I borrowed it from.
Lol...thank you so much, and ty for the chuckle, that's what I was looking for someone who has something and can give option on, thank you very much for your help too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AV9WF26?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
As pictured here:

Next, $40, ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Right-Hand-...I-POINT-JHP-45-w-4-5-barrel-USA-/262081824603

Listed for JHP, but it's the exact same frame as the JCP.

Pic of the ebay unit:

Also adjustable as a shoulder rig, if you wish.
I actually seen that video last night and replied to the gentlemen to get some questions answered about it, but hmmm, I'm really liking that bottom one on ebay too..I may end up getting more then o e 1 rig..lol..can never have too many rigs, or guns.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
I actually seen that video last night and replied to the gentlemen to get some questions answered about it, but hmmm, I'm really liking that bottom one on ebay too..I may end up getting more then o e 1 rig..lol..can never have too many rigs, or guns.
LOL! I was looking at buying a rifle case for a brace of pistols, kind of an "all in one" case. I measured a single Glock Box and it's almost 100 Square Inches of space, but not very deep. So I figured that for each pistol. Nope! I'd need 3 carbine cases for all the handguns, but I can trim that a bit. I was wanting gun and magazine space. Ain't gonna happen, in one case. I guess I could get a carbine case and figure out which ones I want to take to the range and shoot on any given trip, holding 5 or 6 and plenty of mags.

DMR, lmk if you find a suitable rig, I could use one but prefer Leather,
(on a nylon budget!!!) right now at least :rofl: Perhaps a suitable brand
will have women's and men's, or unisex, and maybe even leather and nylon? A good review would be appreciated! :D

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
LOL! I was looking at buying a rifle case for a brace of pistols, kind of an "all in one" case. I measured a single Glock Box and it's almost 100 Square Inches of space, but not very deep. ...........
I went with a DeWalt Sawzall box. Carries 4 comfortably and 6 if I need it too;)

Mehby I post a piccy this wknd :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts