Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a Hi-Point .40S&W, first of all was for the price, as of right now finances suck.. I read and googled reviews, and forums. I got goods and bad about the gun. Its ugly, its heavy, its not a brand name, waste of money.. Well I'm going to tell all, the handgun fires fantastically, minimal recoil, and accurate and no FTF at all. I've shot and owned glocks, S&W, you name it, I have nothing but 5Stars for this handgun. I used Federal 185 Grain FMJ. Although I did load and unload the clip for approx. ten days before firing(don't know if that helped), was a recommendation from a site I saw. But all in all Good weapon .. If your Leary about purchasing because of what others have said , see for urself.. Again 5 Stars.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I bought the JHP 45 for the same reason and have never had a problem. Seams like most of the problems come from the 9mm and the CF 380.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
Welcome from MO medic. I've got the jcp also, same praise, zero problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a Comp 9 and a 40 in HP pistols as well as carbines in the same calibers. I also have many other brands in the same calibers costing much more. My 9mm HP pistol has 5000+ rounds through it and 2500+ through the 40 HP Pistol and neither have given me an issue. I have fluff-n-buffed them both and they both shoot great. I've had the 40 pistol for about 10 years and it shoots the best out of the two. I pulled it out the other day after not shooting it for 4-5 years and it still amazed me on how well it shot. I can honestly say I shoot that pistol better than any other I own, including a nice hot rodded 1911 I have.

Great guns!

LM

·
Premium Supporter
1,485 Posts
Yep. I have two JCP's that seem to be jam proof. Solid and dependable and shoot holes inside of holes at 50 ft. When new load the mag and let sit a couple of weeks. I read this on the Net.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought HP 40 JCP shot it only once and can't get it to load again. When it try to load it looks like the firing pin is not uncock. Is there away to uncock it?

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
In order to help you with this you really need to start your own thread next time.
I'm having trouble understanding your problem.

With the slide back the firing pin sticks out right?
It's supposed to do that, the hiring pin doubles as the ejector.
That is why you shouldn't cycle life rounds though a Hipoint.
If you are unfamiliar with the gun but some snap caps ( plastic rounds ) to practice with.
Let us know if you have any problems.
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts